[LPF] Through the Looking Gate

kinem

Adventurer
Menik replies "My guess is Fire, though we can't be sure until we see it. Then ... whoever did this can probably cast dangerous spells."

jbear

First Post
Maui nods. "Papatuanuku, te Earth Mother, she had many children. They lived in te dark, trapped in her eternal embrace with Ranginui, te Sky Father . Tane was one of them. Tired of te dark he lay on his back and pushed them apart with te legs. Tumatauenga, te fierce child cut off his father's arms, Tane pushed and pushed, and pushed him into te sky. The children of Papatuanuku then walked te land. Tane and te other children found te place lonely, There was no wahine. No woman. When Papatuanuku forgave Tane she shared with him many secrets, and in sacred Kuru-Waka he found te red clay where te blood of his father had soaked into te earth. Te red clay is earth, water and fire. He used te clay to create te form of woman. He breathed life into her and so was born Hine-ahu-one, te earth formed maiden from which te human was born. Te breath of life. Te Air and te fire. Te Thunder Fire was te air and te fire. Te Pool Giant was te water. Te Earth Giants was te earth. If there is more, if there is balance, there will be te fire. Te pure fire."

Maui seems lost in thought as he uses his people's creation story to make sense of the events that unfold before him. He scowls as another thought crosses his mind. "This is like te Dog Caller! Only he does not call te dogs. He calls te elements. Much more powerful. This is going to get te ugly."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"What about mud? I mean if ice is some kind of in between, why not mud?" Lem asks. "Then again, I'm no wizard so I really wouldn't know. I guess I should quit trying to imagine what's going to try and kill me next. On the plus side, there are no zombies." He gives a thumbs up and a grin with that realization.

Lem walks to take a closer look at the southern alcove.

Map: http://beta.ditzie.com/46498/528e8d3418c2a

kinem

Adventurer
"You mean boiling hot mud that sucks us in like quicksand and is full of fire-immune zombies? I think you're on to something there" Menik says with a straight face :)

jbear

First Post
Maui glowers at the halfling. "Ice? Is te cold water. Were you listening to te story?" He moves, Taniwha padding along side him to check the room (once he has healed any with the wands who might need his assistance).

Satin Knights

First Post
"Hang on there, I got to make some adjustments." After making sure Lem hasn't triggered another fight, Tasanto gets out a scroll from his backpack, then dismisses Nysys for a bit. Then with a bit of extra chanting, he brings the big cat back. His eyes seem a bit bigger as well as his biceps. Once the big cat stretches and approves of the new form, Tasanto puts the scroll back into his haversack.

"Okay, done and ready for the next creature."
[section]
Same Map
[sblock=actions]move: get scroll of summon eidolon in hand incase of surprise emergency,
std: Dismiss Nysys
upgrade to next level. Then resummon. Takes over a minute.
Put emergency scroll back in backpack if it was not needed.
[/sblock][sblock=Tasanto Nysys' Mini-stats]
Half-elf Tasanto ....(inactive)
HP 58/58; AC 13+4, Touch 12, FF 15; Init -2, Low-light vision, Move 30'
Fort: +7, Reflex +3, Will +12, CMB +5, CMD 17
Perception +15, Sense Motive +14,

Unarmed Strike +6, d6+1+d6 shock, Stunning Fist 2/day

Lucerne Hammer +7, d12+1 with 10' reach
Handbo +6, d6+1 (in haversack)
Dagger +6, d4+1
Sling, +2, d4+1
.......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

Cattaur Beast Nysys ........... (active)
HP 52/52 real, 28/29 temp, AC 24+4, 16 Touch, 22+4 FF; Init +2, Darkvision, Move 40' Mage Armor 5 hrs
Fort: +8, Reflex +9, Will +14, CMB 8, CMD 24, Evasion
Perception +23, Sense Motive +14

Claw/Claw +8, d4+4+d6 shock (10' reach)
Bite +8, d6+4+d6 shock
Unarmed Strike +8, d6+6+d6 shock, on first strike of the round (usually kick, sometimes elbow)
Unarmed Strike +8, d6+4+d6 shock, on subsequent strikes in the round
Stunning Fist 3/day
MW Cold Iron Lucerne Hammer +9, d12+6 with 10' reach
Handbo +8, d6+4
Dagger +8, d4+4
Sling +7, d4+4 ......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

.,,,..Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt, Guidance, Umbrella
.,,.,,...Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/4 remaining; Expeditious Retreat, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Shield
.,,.,,..Summoner 2nd Lvl: 2/2 remaining; Haste, See Invisibility
Summon Monster II:
5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (6 min), celestial eagles
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 3 Cure Light Wounds potion, 1 Enlarge potion
....,,.........Consumables: 15/22 days trail rations, 1 anti-toxin, 1 anti-plague
....,,.........Consumables: Scroll of Summon Eidolon and Scroll of Lesser Eidolon Surge loose in haversack
....,,.........Consumables: (44/50 charges) Wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
.....,Anytime Free Action: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
........ ......Swift Actions: Enter Snake Stance or Dragon Stance
..If Snake Stance Active:
.,,,..,,,,,,,,,,.Free Action: A missed attack on me provokes an AoO with an Unarmed Strike
.......Immediate Actions: AC or Touch AC = d20+14 against one strike
.......Immediate Actions: if hit on unarmed AoO, spend immed to make second unarmed AoO attack
If Dragon Stance Active:

..Ignore Difficult Terrain: Ignore terrain on charge and charge through allies
....First Strike is harder: +2 damage to first unarmed strike
...........dragon resolve: +2 saves vs Sleep, Paralysis and stunning effects
...............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
Effects: Snake Stance off,Dragon Stance off, Swift action available, AoO 3of3 available, AC 28, Mage Armor 4.5 hrs, Resist Electricity 10 for 1 minutes
In hand: lucerne hammer
[/sblock]
[/section]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Nooooo," Lem says slowly. "Ice is ice and cold water is cold water. If I have a recipe that calls for cold water, I'm not going to use a block of ice. But I'd use cold water for a muddy chocolate dessert. I'm a cook, I should know." With that odd logic, he puts his hands on his hips.

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra nods at the nature warrior, not entirely sure about how much truth was behind that story. She takes back her bow and puts away her wand. "I don't know about the origin of men and women and the spirits or gods behind it. Ruvalra cares for the hunters and those who dwell on the forest so that's enough for me I guess" she shrugs while moving into the other chamber.

"Ice, Fire or Mud... uhmm... I'm not sure what I would prefer."

"These last two creatures were right on the next room. Perhaps there's something already waiting over there?" she points at the room in the north. "Can any of you two see magic in there?" she asks Menik and Tasanto.

MAP UPDATED

jbear

First Post
Maui narrows his eyes. Obviously wasting his breath, he decides that there is no point sharing any further pearls of wisdom with the halfling. "Hufflings" he mutters, "Like throwing pounamu to te poaka... I am going to look in te place of te stone graves. Maybe te next monster is te restless dead after all." With that Maui stops to intone a few quick prayers, reaching out to sense any magical energy that might emanate from the room where he can see the tombs before he enters and begins to search the area.

[sblock=Actions] Cast guidance on himself
Cast Detect Magic directed at the room with the tombs
Then enter the room and search (unless he detects some type of magical energy)
If he detects something he will report his findings to the group instead and decide a course of action based on what was detected. [/sblock]

Updated Map

Last edited:

Remove ads