[LPF] Through the Looking Gate

jackslate45

First Post
An unusual storm is brewing over a long forgotten crypt...

DM: jackslate45
Judge: Perrinmiller
Start Date: 10/9/2013
End Date: N/A

Research Team:
1: Menik Level 5 Wizard - Starting XP 10,265 - (Leveled 12/23/2013 - 16,923)
2: Lem the Cook Level 5 Monk - Starting XP 10,262 - (Leveled 12/23/2013 - 16,923)
3: Galandra Beiryn Level 5 Ranger - Starting XP 11,407 - (Galandra 12/23/2013 - 18,068)
4: Maui Level 6 Druid - Starting XP 20,885 - (Leveled 11/10/2013 23,137)
5: Vicenzo del Vecchio da via della Rose D'Avorio II - Starting XP 20,981 (Leveled 11/10/2013 23,233)
6: Tasanto Nysys - Level 5 Cattatur - Starting XP 12,945 (Leveled 11/21/2013 15510 )

[sblock=Encounters]Huge Lightning Elemental: 3200 XP (CR 7)
Large Water Elemental 1600 XP (CR 5)
2x Large Earth Elementals 3200 xp (CR 7)
The Mad Gnome 6400 xp (CR 9)
The Lost Gate 12,800 (CR 11)[/sblock]
[sblock=Treasure]
1800: Down payment for the job. Used to pay for 2 CLW wands.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Rules]
* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

* Mini stat blocks (preferably including a link back to the wiki page for your character) are useful. It is nice if you can colorize the major stats like Total HP, Current HP, AC, Weapon in hand.

* If you have an interrupt or immediate action ability (Timely Inspiration for example), please list it in your mini-stat block so I can attempt to weave it into the bad guy's combat at the appropriate time the first time around. If you can take more than one AoO in a round, please list that too.

* I tend to roll saving throws for the characters so the narrative of result can be added immediately instead of asking for the player to make a single die roll. I also tend to roll appropriate knowledge checks immediately so that information can be given as well. But, anytime you feel another knowledge check may apply too, please feel free to roll that as well when appropriate. (ie, any time after you are no longer flat footed in the surprise round).

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/ on-line dice rollers for the players. The DM will use his own black dice at home or an on-line random number generator at work.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post. Exceptions can be made for IRL emergencies, but please let the DM know ASAP.

* The DM has a very demanding work schedule in the holiday season (Black Friday -> New Years Day). I will try to post within an appropriate time frame, but if I cannot I will let you know.

* Levelling up mid-campaign: This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

* Tactical Grids will be using Ditzie, the players will be updating their movements themselves in combat and posting up the new URLs. Whenever you post IC, include the latest map even if your character did not move. This way everyone knows you are done with it. There is no limit to the number times we can update the map. Instead of editing a map link (unless you are the last post), please post a new link if you update again. This is the DM's first try at using Ditzie, so play nice...

* Most important of all, have fun!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Dellrian Thankirk, NPC

As you enter, you can see the half elf trying to get the mud out of his hair, in a very poor attempt to clean himself without water. Seeing you come in, he quickly brushes his hands on his pant legs, and shakes your hand with great enthusiasm. "Thanks! Please sit down, have something on me! It is the least I can do for you right now."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Famous last words .. .. ..

[@jbear .. .. ..]

"Hey Maui, sounds like work. Its a great chance to get away from here. Lets go!"

Vincenzo stands and follows.

"Besides, Great Jungle Warrior, we have battled the wakened dead, what else could be in a crypt?"

[sblock=to the dm] checking in boss[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
A frail looking half-elf follows in rather quickly behind.
"I heard there is crypt work available?"
as he passes through the doorway. "I have done that kind of thing a couple times now. Good fight, no moral ambiguities or negotiations involved. Just put them down and make sure they stop moving."

Remembering that some prefer manners, "Ah yes, I am Tasanto. When the time comes, a beast will be joining me for the fight. His name is Nysys. We fight as one. Once he shows up, you will understand why we generally take point in a battle."
[/section]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Ah, I am Vincenzo, of the local Venzin population."

he is human, fit but not heavily muscled. His clothing shows signs of various forms of combat, but still serviceable. his equipment is obviously used, but in great condition, including the silvery metal shirt he wears, made of fine links tightly places together. Other then a bow and dagger, he sports an excellent ivory handles rapier.

"I have learned to be handy in a fight as well. Twice I have met the awakened dead, and prevailed. My jungle warrior friend in the common room and I have ventured the lands far and near and I hope he will be joining us. He is both healer and warrior.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
An elven man enters the room and approaches the half elf. "Hello, I'm Menik. Don't be alarmed." He casts a spell of prestidigitation, and uses it to clean the mud off the man's clothing.

"Who are you and what's this about a crypt? I'm interested, and able to help should undead be the problem, but I should mention that I would be even more effective given the chance to prepare more appropriate spells in the morning."

soulnova

Explorer
"Someone mentioned undead?" Galandra knocks on the door and waves at the rest before taking a seat.

"Is there a plague or something? They seem to be causing a lot of problems lately... but never mind. I believe I have come to learn how to get rid of them quickly. Mika and I are interested on the job and would like to learn more."

Mika prowls playful closer to Tanniwha. She looks way bigger now, certainly fed much better.

[sblock=OOC] I still need approval for Galandra's level up so I'll use her previous stats at the moment. Nevermind, she's good to go!![/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats GALANDRA]

Maidel.png

Galandra
AC: 18 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 16)
HP: 42/42

Initiative: +2
Perception: +13/+17 vs FE, Sense Motive: +2/+6 vs FV, Handle Animal +6(+10 Animal Companion)
CMB: +9 CMD: 21 Fort: +6 Reflex: +7 Will: +4

FE: Humans +2, Undead +4

+1 Falchion +10 [2d4+7] 18-20
Dagger +9 [1d4+3] 19-20
Masterwork Comp Longbow STR4: +9 [1d8+4] 19-20x3 (110ft)

Effects: Killer trait (extra damage = critical multiplier)

Conditions: None

In Hand: Masterwork Composite Longbow STR4

Consumables:
Efficient Quiver
-Blunt Arrows (20)
-Arrows (28)
-Masterwork Arrows (10)
-Javelins (10)
-Spears (3)

Backpack
3 days rations, Wand CLW (48 charges), Oil (2)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats Mika]
attachment.php

Mika, Small Leopard, Animal Companion

Hp 47/47
AC 22

Spd 50 ft
Init +5
F+7, R+9, W+2

Attack +8; bite (1d8+3) + trip, 2 claws (1d3+3)
Low-light vision, scent, trip
Stealth +10, Perception +5, Acrobatics +9
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
[section]
Now that Menik has cleaned up his hair and clothes, you can tell that this man is quite a good looking half elf, his red clothes containing a small seal on his chest. All of you recognize it as the seal of the Lower Guild, a prominent trading guild in Venza.

The man looks excited as more and more people show up, but also looks a little confused as the continues to come in.

"Did I mention the undead walking? I thought I did not. Anyway, I don't actually know if there are undead are not. We have not been able to go the crypt in question, despite our best efforts. Hence the reason I am here to hire people far more skilled that what is at my disposal."

At once, the man smacks his head "But where are my manners! I do apologize, I am still somewhat new to this hiring process, especially on behalf of our guild. My name is Dellrian Thankirk, of the Lower Guild of Ranocchio. Please, sit down and enjoy yourselves for now. Let me answer you immediate concerns. As far as I am aware, there is no plague involved. As for the crypt in question, we were not aware of it's existence until recently. A lost crypt, if you will. We only found out it's existence due to the unusual circumstances surrounding this affair. And as I mentioned earlier, we have been unable to get closer to the crypt. It is a most fascinating affair, but I can wait until your companion joins us, if possible, to explain in greater detail?"

[/section]

Last edited:

Remove ads