[LPF] Tower of Power

omnitricks

First Post
"Or we could just get ready to get him when he reaches the last room" the tengu whispered back. "I'll be on that side and you can wait at the other so we can flank him right away" Paskell said and without waiting for a confirmation took his hiding spot in the last room with his weapons drawn and ready.
[sblock=OOC]I'm thinking that this would be better than walking through the gruesome work and getting demoralized. Will be faster too :p
Stealth at d12: 1d20+5=9
Too bad my roll sucked this time round.[/sblock]
[sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +7 Will: -1
Perception: +6
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect: Finesse

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Are those separate rooms? I thought so at first from the map, but I reread his post and then wasn't sure. I thought we were on an open roof and those were just raised platforms.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=GM]It is an open roof. The side platforms are raised a few feet relative to the center. The grey blocks look like they used to be flower-planters or maybe goldfish pools or something. They're raised about three feet compared to the central floor and they're filled with muck. They could be climbed over/into, but it isn't as easy as going up the stairs.

I'll do a full update either tonight or tomorrow. Just got back and am tired, hungry, and smelly.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
As you move around the central stairwell, the balcony -- and the troglodyte on it come into view. Its back is to you, and it holds a vicious-looking scythe in its hands. As expected, a third troglodyte corpse graces the eastern table. The master troglodyte raises its arms to the sky and shouts what seems to be a prayer or an incantation. He's not aware of you ... yet.

tasskar.png

[sblock=GM]Aigh, the effing update didn't go through yesterday and I didn't realize. Sorry, trying again.

The four balconies are raised about three feet compared to the center. Stairs are difficult terrain. The planters are difficult terrain and if you're moving up onto them directly from the center, the hop up takes an extra 5' of movement as well. They are tall enough to crouch behind, however. The master troglodyte is unaware of you at the moment, and you have a clear view of him.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ToP_top2.png
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=GM]Sure, I'll allow it. Two conditions, though. First, it's about a three foot rise up to the raised portion where the chief is standing, so it'll be a DC 12 Acrobatics check to successfully leap. If you succeed at this check, you can charge as normal. If you fail the check, you still end up right next to the chief, but you won't get to attack. (This is the ruling I found on the Paizo site.) Second, this is the surprise round. Next turn we go to initiative, and that might work out for you, or it might not. So just be forewarned: if you blow the Acrobatics check and the initiative roll both, you will have a very angry and very uninjured troglodyte chief in your face next round. But what are the odds of that? *cackle*[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
Paskell pointed at the troglodyte and showed his sword for Samad to know his intent before charging. With its arms raised and its back turned, his target provided the perfect opportunity for the tengu rogue to launch his sneak attack deep into its flesh.
[sblock=OOC]Pretty confident with the acrobatics check since I also have that belt :3 Here goes...
Acrobatics: 1d20+13=30
Attack: 1d20+5=23
damage: 1d8=1, 1d6=5
So close to a crit. Overall good except for the 1 damage weapon die :p[/sblock][sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +7 Will: -1
Perception: +6
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect: Finesse

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Commander_Fallout

First Post
As Paskell charged towards the scythed lizard, Samad followed suit. He leapt and twisted up onto the aged planter, leapt across the muck and filth, and leapt at the abomination, raking his blade across its scaly hide.
[sblock=OOC]I assume I can follow his charge?
Perform (Dance): 1d20+9=16
Attack: 1d20+4=21
Damage: 1d6+1=3
Also close to a crit. :/ Anyway, next round I'm breaking out Battle Dance, which I should have full rounds of because of the spontaneous level, right?[/sblock][sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 16/16
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +3
Perception: +7, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+2, 1d6+1, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse
Spells Remaining (1st): 3/3

Used Items:
Dagger (2)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The troglodyte priest-chief gasps in pain as your blades strike. As he turns around, first surprise and then a wicked grin spreads across his face. "More warmbloods! I thought they escape, but it was a test! Yes! The gods make you come, to give your blood for them! Blood for the blood gods!" He turns and strikes a wicked blow on Samad with the scythe, but his snapping jaws miss the warriors throat. And now that you're no longer upwind of the creature, it's clear where the eye-watering stench from th evening comes from. The other troglodytes were bad, but the chieftan is foul. The adventurer's stomachs churn from the odor.

And although it's not relevant to the fact that there's a psychotic, scythe-wielding troglodyte maniac in front of you, in the distance you can see Dane and Biaggio limping across the fields back toward the farmstead. It seems possible that seeing his captive escape set the chief off into a rage. It's possibly slightly more relevant that this side of the tower is directly over the collapsed section. Behind the troglodyte priest, a small section of parapet crumbles and falls away from the activity of battle.

tasskar.png

[sblock=GM]7 damage to Samad. Both of you please make DC 13 Fort saves or be sickened. You also get a +2 circumstance bonus on the roll since you suffered through the diluted version of the stench for the past day.

Troglodyte chief: 9 damage. AC 17.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ToP_top3.png
[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Yarghhhhh sickened! So close too...
1d20+2=12
Anyway since he attacked I guess he isn't Flat footed now? I'll need flanking help from Samad. Each of us taking 5 foot steps should do it or Samad moves to the dangerous position of being bullrushed off? :p[/sblock]

Remove ads