LPJ - Haven: City of Bronze

jezter6

Explorer
So I'm looking at RPGNow's new releases for puply goodness, and I see the pulp templates from LPJ Design. Not what I'm looking for, but an entry in the product blurb hit me...

Haven: City of Bronze

What the heck? I didn't see it in the LPJ product list, so I figured I would come here and ask Louis myself.

What's up with this? Teasers man...teasers.

GMSkarka

Explorer
This would be Louis' pulp setting for Haven that he talked about on his last podcast a while back (episode 13 - "Who is my competition"), where he announced his intention to "take me on" in D20 pulp by flooding the market with product that underprices mine.

jezter6

Explorer
Don't get much cheaper than less than $2 a class. I still believe that it is way expensive to do things that way, but it's what people seem to prefer, so my soapbox rants won't do any good there. I did enjoy the products I got from you though Gareth.

Flood the market...that one's interesting. I think we've all seen how that worked out with 5000 publishers putting out product the pie slices are getting thinner and thinner. Not that I have a problem with lots of pulp material available, it's now just a matter of hoping that the quality stays decent across the board.

I am very interested in seeing this Haven book, as I was pretty impressed with Haven: CoV for d20 modern.

Louis, if the book's still in layout....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put in bookmarks. :)

lmpjr007

Explorer
GMSkarka said:
This would be Louis' pulp setting for Haven that he talked about on his last podcast a while back (episode 13 - "Who is my competition"), where he announced his intention to "take me on" in D20 pulp by flooding the market with product that underprices mine.

Well Gareth with the quality material you put out you should not be worried at all about whatever I do. Two people can do the same genre and do two TOTALLY different things. Like I said on the podcast, your doing Pulp, but we are doing Neo-Pulp. Similar, but different. The pricing issue is personal. I don't feel that material that comes out to be roughly 2,000 words should cost more that $1.85. We used this formula with our M&M Superlink products and it worked very well as you see we grabbed the largest piece of that market. And after time we lower the price of that material to make it even more accessible to people. But like I said, it was my personal reason to do that.

Now Haven: City of Bronze I started writing back in early 2000 when I was just doing Haven: COV. Due to the events of 9/11 and an event I placed in the book that s very similar I stopped writing and but it back in my "RPG closet of work". With Haven: COV out and I wanted to expand the City of Haven setting so Haven: City of Bronze came back to light. It is a big enough market out there for everyone, right Gareth.

lmpjr007

Explorer
jezter6 said:
Don't get much cheaper than less than $2 a class. I still believe that it is way expensive to do things that way, but it's what people seem to prefer, so my soapbox rants won't do any good there. I did enjoy the products I got from you though Gareth.
I have bought a lot of stuff from Gareth Pulp lines that I like. I hope he keeps up the good work.

Flood the market...that one's interesting. I think we've all seen how that worked out with 5000 publishers putting out product the pie slices are getting thinner and thinner. Not that I have a problem with lots of pulp material available, it's now just a matter of hoping that the quality stays decent across the board.
Like I said, we are dong are best to make sure we don't do waht Gareth with his classes. We have a Masked Avenger class coming out that is on the complete opposite spectrum to Thrilling Tales' Man of Mystery. I think people will find good things with both products.

I am very interested in seeing this Haven book, as I was pretty impressed with Haven: CoV for d20 modern.
Oh it Haven, just with Neo-Pulp. But at the core it's Haven.

Louis, if the book's still in layout....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put in bookmarks. :)
Maybe ... ... :)

tonym

First Post
Krolik said:
You know, all that your attitude has done is make me not want to purchase any of your gaming material. No loss on my part I think.

I enjoy GMSkarka's honest, in-your-face crazy attitude. He's the Robert Downey Jr. of the gaming community, IMO. Without him and his posts, I'd go into a diabetic coma from all the sugary niceness of publishers.

Heck, 63% of messageboard niceness from publishers is marketing, anyhow.

GMSkarka! Not fake. Not takin' it. Not makin' bail.

:)

Tony M

jezter6

Explorer
how bout we stop worrying about other publishers and their attitudes, and maybe (hopefully) Louis will come back and actually tell us MORE about the product.

i'd hate to see this thread die or turn into some stupid argument and not actually get my question answered.

Louis, could you please tell me more about City of Bronze?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases