[LPJDesign] OGL 3.5 logo created to replace D20 Logo for 3rd Party Publishers

lmpjr007

Explorer
55437.jpg

With all the recent changes due to the release of 4e, the GSL and the OGL, we here at Louis Porter Jr. Design have decided to create an all new OGL 3.5 logo which can be used by any and all 3rd party publisher, completely and absolutely free of charge, with any of their products that initial had the d20 logo or was OGL created material.

The reason for this new OGL 3.5 logo; beyond the obvious loss of the use of the d20 logo; is to unify those companies who still wish to support the 3.5 OGL rule set. This logo easily brands and makes d20 and OGL material easy to identify with this logo so people can tell on sight what gaming system they are supporting. The initial concept of the OGL was to make the gaming industry stronger by making it possible for more people to create and make products to support the concepts of the OGL. With the changes in 4e and the GSL, and the recent comments by Linae Foster and Scott Rouse of that you can only make products for either the OGL or the new GSL, this is no longer the case. And with those actions have caused the creation of this new OGL 3.5 logo.

This logo has bee created in several graphic formats including Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Illustrator EPS, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop JPEG and TIFF. Each of these formats comes with three different versions: color, Grayscale and Black and White. A complete zip file containing all these logos can be downloaded directly from this link.

We hope that any and all 3rd party publishers who stick with OGL 3.5 will use and support this initiative. A lot of customers gave us their hard earned money and supported us; I think it is only fair that we return the favor to them. This isn’t the first time David has gone after Goliath and attempted something amazing. Thank you for this support!

Angellis_ater

First Post
We've been suggesting something like this for a long while and it is good to see someone responding to it. I think that third party publishers (and first party for that) need to rally around this concept. If my partner accepts it, our products will soon carry this logo.

LPJ - I would also suggest that you publish that logo under a Creative Commons License to make sure that it is free to use by anyone.

Last edited:

I have heard that pazio was gonna do something like this with pathfinder. Am very glad to see you doing this with a straight 3.5 OGL . It is my hope that many publishers flock to it and band together .

Orcus

First Post
xechnao said:
Curious to how publishers will be reacting to initiatives of this kind. See if there will be any posts here.

A logo like this, while a neat idea, is likely not going to see widespread adoption by the larger publishers. The question is, "What value do I derive from this?" My customers know what my prodcuts are. The d20 logo hasnt really been of much use for some time now. A replacement logo that isnt official is even less valuable.

I can already say "Third Edition" or "Revised Third Edition" witout that logo.

Plus, we gain nothing from using your logo. I dont see any of the larger companies using this. I do see smaller companies wanting us to use this so that they can use it too. :)

Initiatives like this have come and gone numerous times and none have ever really been supported or adopted. I'm not trying to harsh on your plan. I like the concept in theory. In fact in the early days of 3E I was involved in a discussion about this stuff and nothing came of it. But now you do have the ending of the d20 license, so maybe you will have more interest this time.

Good luck!

And I will say it is a nice looking logo. :)

Clark

xechnao

First Post
Orcus said:
A logo like this, while a neat idea, is likely not going to see widespread adoption by the larger publishers. The question is, "What value do I derive from this?" My customers know what my prodcuts are. The d20 logo hasnt really been of much use for some time now. A replacement logo that isnt official is even less valuable.

I can already say "Third Edition" or "Revised Third Edition" witout that logo.

Plus, we gain nothing from using your logo. I dont see any of the larger companies using this. I do see smaller companies wanting us to use this so that they can use it too. :)

Initiatives like this have come and gone numerous times and none have ever really been supported or adopted. I'm not trying to harsh on your plan. I like the concept in theory. In fact in the early days of 3E I was involved in a discussion about this stuff and nothing came of it. But now you do have the ending of the d20 license, so maybe you will have more interest this time.

Good luck!

And I will say it is a nice looking logo. :)

Clark

Eh, wait... If you are wishing to me, I have to say that I have no personal plan in this sector but thanks anyway , really :D

I find it interesting though to see any efforts that will promote OGL in the current turn of events. I somehow feel that if OGL publishers join forces somehow, they will have a better possibility, no?

pawsplay

Hero
Cute, but you know what? "Oggle" just isn't sexy as a brand. "3.5 System Compatible" sounds sort of interesting.

Maybe something like:

System35
OpenSystem

I don't know. "d20" is a twenty times sexier than OGL.

xechnao

First Post
I would recommend to give it a heavier and more solid feel, in a funny way. Something like
"O.G.L. STRONG"
The biggest license for gamers

pawsplay

Hero
That "open die" logo is also not very exciting. Prometheus sounds exciting, but more like a publisher than a group. I am curious about these guys. They don't really have a lot to say about who they are. Are there any actual products associated with this brand?

Last edited:

Remove ads