Lycanthropes.

Krishnath

First Post
If Internet Exploder (pun intended :D) is so bad, why not change to netscape, try to get 4.7 since it loads faster...

On to the werecoyote, it looks very promising so far. So what's next?

Later,

Ferret

Explorer
Werehedgehog

Animal Form: Dire hedgehog
Ability Score Adjustments: +2 Dex, +4 Con
Feats: Blindsight, Weapon Finesse (bite), spines.
Werehedgehog Characters: Most Werehedgehogs are rangers. Some are also barbarians and druids.

Sample Werehedgehog:
This creature is based around a 1st-level Lightfoot Halfling commoner

Werehedgehog
Medium-size Shapechanger
Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (11 hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex); +8 (+ Dex) as hedgehog
Speed: 30 ft., Swim 40 ft.; Swim 80 ft. as hedgehog
AC: 13 (+1 Dex, +2 natural); 18 (+4 Dex, +4 natural) as hedgehog
Attacks: Unarmed strike +0 melee; bite +5 melee as hedgehog
Damage: Unarmed strike 1d3 subduel; bite 2d4
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Halfling traits, hedgehog empathy; plus blindsight, damage reduction 15/silver as hedgehog
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +3
Abilities: Str 9, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 10 as hedgehog*
Skills: Listen +18, Search +8, Spot +18**
Feats: Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse (bite) as hedgehog***
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Climate/Terrain: Plain forest
Organization: Solitary or pair, family (2-4), pack (6-10), or troupe (2-4 plus 5-8 hedgehogs)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always chaotic good
Advancement: By character class

*In halfling form, this lycanthrope has the following ability scores: Str 9, Dex 13, Con 11, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 10.
**In halfling form, this lycanthrope has the skill Craft or Profession (any one) +6, Knowledge (any one) +4
***In halfling form, this lycanthrope has the feat Skill Focus (any Craft or Profession).

psychognome

First Post
Ferret said:
Someone over the FR boards has 15/coral instead ofsilver.
What, for the weredolphin? That is a good idea, but as I don't want to copy it I'll just keep my weredolphin the same... but coral weapons... :rolleyes:
As for what's next... I dunno really, I was thinking of a were-eagle... I might as well do it. :D

psychognome

First Post
And here it is!

Were-eagle
The elven deity of the sky, birds and avians, Aedrie Faenya, has been known of gifting certain individuals with her blessing. This blessing is the ability to turn into a giant eagle, one of the goddess's most blessed animals. Since her own race of winged elves, the Avariel, have been slowly but surely disappearing during the years the goddess has now started choosing her favored children from among the other elven races.
Like the chosen of Deep Sashelas, the weredolphins, were-eagles are always born and never afflicted. Their primary purpose is to fight evil where they find it and to serve the good of all elves. The only thing that Aedrie Faenya asks of them is that they help her people, the Avariel, in distress. Being blessed with the ability to soar the skies freely, were-eagles sometimes develop minor claustrofobia's.
Animal Form: Giant eagle*
Ability Modifiers: +8 Str, +6 Dex, +2 Con
Feats: Blind-Fight, Flyby Attack
Special: Were-eagles don't have the Curse of Lycanthropy ability of other lycanthropes. Respectively, there are no afflicted were-eagles.
Were-eagle Characters: Most were-eagles are rangers or druids, although sorcerers and wizards specializing in air and electricity spells are also commonplace enough.
Alignment: Always Chaotic Good
*The were-eagles giant eagle for is a bit different from the standard giant eagle. First of all, it doesn't have the evasion ability. Second, taking this form doesn't give access to the Alertness feat, or the skills Knowledge (nature), Sense Motive or Wilderness Lore.

Remove ads