[M&M 3E] October 1962 (Full)

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm still waiting to hear back regarding the Bio-Adaptation ability. I've gone ahead and put it in here. This version is I become immune after recovering from a stimulus, which would include dying and coming back to life. Basically, I use my normal Fortitude and whatever score when I first encounter something, reacting normally if it affects me negatively, and then the next time, I'm immune. I could have just taken Life Support for a lot of that, but I like the narrative approach. I could also make it so that it is a half immunity after the first time, and a full immunity after repeated exposure, but I don't know what that would do to the point cost. I realize I'm going to have to keep a list of things I've become immune to.

I'd still like to see how many points I could save if I linked it to my Immortality Power, where I only become immune to whatever killed me. I can imagine the results once he figures that out. "What? I'm freezing to death? No! Don't bring me a blanket! I'll be back tomorrow and I'll never have to deal with this again!"

I went ahead and invested a lot of points into these two abilities: Bio-Adaptation and Immortality. He comes back after 1 day. That's 6 ranks. I don't know if I'll do more than that. I did it this way because I figured those are fairly potent powers that cost a lot, and they're fairly central to the character. Everything else, like his Strength and Flight Speed, and the Fire manipulation I want to give him later, he can learn and develop as he goes, slowly getting stronger and faster, and the like.

This is only my second real character in this system, so if y'all could look over it and make sure I didn't make any glaring mistakes. For most of it, I basically took the Superhuman Paragon and halved a lot of the abilities and such, replacing my defenses for the usually Invulnerability and such. I figure if I can come back from the dead, I don't need invulnerability. That's something I can get later and fluff as his body adapting to punishment. Also, if you see something in the stats that looks low or imbalanced, let me know. I'm not sure what I'm looking for here.

Gabriel Green
(Hero; PL: 5; PP: 75/75)

Strength: 4; Agility: 2; Fighting: 4; Awareness: 0
Stamina: 4; Dexterity: 2; Intellect: 2; Presence: 0

Dodge: 4 (2 Agility, 2 ranks), Parry: 4, Fortitude: 4, Toughness: 5 (4 Stamina, 1 Rank), Will: 0

SKILLS: Expertise: Science +4 (2 Ranks + 2 Int), Technology 4 (2 Ranks + 2 Int); Perception +3 (2 ranks, 1 Awareness)
ADVANTAGES: Eidetic Memory, Well-Informed
LANGUAGES: English

Offensive Powers (Total: 4 points)
Powerful: Enhanced Strength 1; Enhanced Advantage 1 (Close Attack 1); Power Lifting 1

Defensive Powers (Total: 27 points)
Bio-Adaptation (Immunity 30) (Fortitude Effects: Limited to effects he has been exposed to at least once) *15 Points
Immortality 6 (revive after 1 Day) *12 points

Movement Powers (Total: 5)
Flight (Wings): 5 (60mph)

Eyes: Blue Hair: Brown
Height: 6' 2" Weight: 310 lb.

COMPLICATIONS
  • Motivation: Patriotism, Justice
  • Appearance: Wings
TOTALS: Abilities: 36, Powers: 36, Advantages: 2, Skills: 3, Defenses: 3 -> 80

Point Bank: 0

Want some help with my powers. This is my first M&M3e character so somethings are confusing me. I wanted to make a Energy controller who controls darkness. I am looking at an array with maybe 2 or 3 alternate powers. So if I am looking at this correctly I could create a power that uses say 20 points. It would then allow me to create several alternate powers with cost no more than 20 points. This array would then cost 20 + # of alternate powers.

tglassy

Adventurer
That is correct. So for example:

Shadow Array (23 points total)
- Shadow Blast: Ranged Damage 10 (Shadow Descriptor)
-Alternate Effects:
  • Shadow Grasp: Ranged Affliction 10
  • Shadow Teleport: Teleport 10
  • Shadow Illusion: Illusion (2 Senses) 10

Each of those cost 20 points, but altogether cost 23. The thought is that they all key off your Shadow power, but can’t be used at the same time.

That said, we are in a PL 5 game, so the maximum Damage + Attack bonus is 10. Which means if you have a ranged damage attack roll of +10, then you will have no damage bonus.

You can get around this by adding affects that increase the point cost, so maybe your Shadow Blast also has a stunning affliction, which would increase the cost, and so it would be Ranged 6 or 7, but still costs 20 or so points so it can fit in the array. That way you can add a damage boost somewhere else.

Now, the GM can nix any of that, and say one or more effects needs to be its own thing. But that’s up to him.

I am by no means an expert but I did make a Gravity Controller once.

Want some help with my powers. This is my first M&M3e character so somethings are confusing me. I wanted to make a Energy controller who controls darkness. I am looking at an array with maybe 2 or 3 alternate powers. So if I am looking at this correctly I could create a power that uses say 20 points. It would then allow me to create several alternate powers with cost no more than 20 points. This array would then cost 20 + # of alternate powers.

... with cost no more that 20 points EACH. (I don't think you were interpreting this incorrectly, but I feel the need to make sure there's no confusion there.)

When creating an array, just spec out the two to N powers separately and then determine the cost of the array (max power +1 per alternate) later. The book has examples of arrays in the sample characters but the chapter on powers doesn't explain arrays. IMO, the alternate effect extra should be removed and arrays should be the only way to do alternate effects. (And in the end, it all works out the same.)

tl;dr - your interpretation is correct.

Ok so here is my first attempt. Look it over and let me know where I screwed up.

Charles (Charlie) Babitch
(Hero; PL: 1; PP: 15/20)

Strength: 0; Agility: 3; Fighting: 0; Awareness: 2
Stamina: 1; Dexterity: 3; Intellect: 1; Presence: 0

Dodge: 3, Parry: 0, Fortitude: 1, Toughness: 1, Will: 2

SKILLS: Expertise: Survival (1 Rank + Int)+3; Insight (1 Rank + Awr)+3; Perception (2 Rank + Awr)+4; Ranged Combat: Move Object (6 Rank + Dex)+9; Stealth (4 Rank + Agi)+7
ADVANTAGES: Tracking
Powers:

Shadow Shroud: Close Cloud Area (60ft Rad) Visual Concealment 4 Attack Activation (Move) 20pts
Control Darkness Array: 23pts
Shadow Tendrils: (Damaging Move Object 6, Affect Insubstatial 1, Split 1) 20pts
Alternate Effects:
Shadow Bind: Cumulative Ranged Affliction 6 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Will; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized), Extra Condition, Limited Degree 18pts
Shadow Walk: Teleport 6, Medium (Shadows), Easy, Accurate, Change Velocity and Direction. 20pts
Shadow Shaping: Create 5 (Shadow), Impervious, Continuous. 20pts​
Darkvision: Sense 2 (Vision Counters Concelment - Darkness) 2pts
Shadow Shield: Protection 3 (Dark force), Sustained 3pts​

Eyes: Blue Hair: Black
Height: 6' Weight:185 lb.

BACKGROUND
Charlie has always been an outsider. His family is a little strange. His father believed the Reds had infiltarted the country. This was the prelude to an invasion. He had spent years and almost every dime he made outfitting a bunker in the mountains of their property. He had been teaching his son to live off the land and resist when the day finally arrived. His mom was crazy, and in this case it was not an exaggeration. She spoke to angels or that was what she said. This made it hard to have friends so Charlie didn't try. It also didn't help that his father barley held a job so Charlie had to work nights and weekends to support his family. He wished only to get away from this town but new it would never happen. He was stuck with no one but himself.

COMPLICATIONS
  • Motivation: Acceptance: He might not show it but all Charlie wants is to be accepted by his peers.
  • Responsibility: Charlie is the only one who supports his family. Without him they would lose everything.
  • Power Loss: When direct light hits his skin he cannot use his powers.
TOTALS: Abilities: 24, Powers: 48, Advantages: 1, Skills: 7, Defenses: 0 -> 80

tglassy

Adventurer
For everyone else’s sake, Gabriel currently looks the same, only he has two brightly colored wings with a good 20 ft wingspan when fully extended. He burnt off all his clothes during the transformation, an unfortunate side effect of his resurrection ability, but can at least keep some modesty with his wings.

He is still overweight. The power brings him back in perfect condition, but his weight is part of that. For now. But that is just cosmetic. I plan to have the weight rapidly drop over the next few days/weeks as his body adjusts to his new metabolism.

So he is not exactly a handsome sight out of his clothes. Being 80 or so lbs overweight is not a round butterball when you’re over 6 ft tall, but it’s not all that pretty, either. It would have been nicer of me to give him the perfect physique along with his first transformation, but alas, I am not that nice to my characters.

SKILLS: Expertise: Survival (1 Rank + Int)+3; Insight (1 Rank + Awr)+3; Perception (2 Rank + Awr)+4; Ranged Combat: Move Object (6 Rank + Dex)+9; Stealth (4 Rank + Agi)+7
Some addition mistakes here. Probably because you changed your abilities after finishing the skills section

Shadow Shroud: Close Cloud Area (60ft Rad) Visual Concealment 4 Attack Activation (Move) 20pts

Concealment makes you invisible. Attack and area makes everyone around you invisible if they fail to dodge the area effect.

I think you want. Concealment (visual) 2 ranks for yourself and Environment (Visibility -5) 2 ranks (to create darkness) Or you want to make people invisible. Hard to say.

Last edited:

This character was originally going to be a Siren/mermaid. Now she's a mute statue/golem. :) I admit, some of the PL swing is high on this character but as she gains PL, the swing will be reduced. (Or I can reduce it now, but that's up to the GM.)

She is a standard brick/powerhouse. With flight and Inventor. Obviously, she won't be doing much with Inventor in the beginning. I'm going to save her full description for after we post in the IC.

Jennifer Arden
(Hero; PL: 5; PP: 80/80)

CRYSTAL FORM
Strength:
10/0; Agility: -3/2; Fighting: 0/2; Awareness: 0
Stamina: 4; Dexterity: -3/0; Intellect: 6; Presence: 0

Dodge: 0/-3, Parry: -2/0, Fortitude: 6/4, Toughness: 10 (Imp 5), Will: 4/6

COMBAT
Initiative: -3; Close: +0; Ranged: -3
  • Grab: +0 (Special DC 20) Range: Close
  • Throw: -3 (DC 25)
  • Unarmed: +0 (DC 25) Range: Close
SKILLS: Athletics +0/+10; Deception +0; Expertise: Tennis +8 (2r); Insight +0; Intimidation +0; Investigation +8 (2r); Perception +0; Persuasion +0; Stealth -3; Technology +10 (4r)
ADVANTAGES: Attractive 2, Eidetic Memory, Inventor

HUMAN FORM
Jennifer Arden

(Hero; PL: 5; PP: 80/80)

Strength: 0; Agility: 4/2; Fighting: 4/2; Awareness: 0
Stamina: 4; Dexterity: 4/0; Intellect: 6; Presence: 0

Dodge: 6/4, Parry: 6/4, Fortitude: 4, Toughness: 4, Will: 6

COMBAT
Initiative: +4; Close: +4; Ranged: +4
  • Grab: +4 (Special DC 10) Range: Close
  • Throw: +4 (DC 15)
  • Unarmed: +4 (DC 15) Range: Close
SKILLS: Acrobatics +10/+4; Athletics +10/+4; Deception +0; Expertise: Tennis +8 (2r); Insight +0; Intimidation +0; Investigation +8 (2r); Perception +0; Persuasion +0; Stealth +10/+4; Technology +10 (4r)
ADVANTAGES: Attractive 2, Benefit, Athletics Based on Agility (free), Eidetic Memory, Inventor

ALL FORMS
POWERS
  • Forms - (36 PP)
    • Crystal Form - (35 PP)
      • Concealment: Concealment 2 - Sense - Sight; Flaws: Partial (2 PP)
      • Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait -4 - Traits: Agility -5, Dexterity -3, Dodge +3, Parry -2, Strength +10, Will -2, Fortitude +2, Athletics -10, Fighting -2 (-4 PP)
      • Flight: Flight 4 Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round - (8 PP)
      • Immunity: Immunity 18 - Alteration Effects, Critical Hits, Life Support, Poison (18 PP)
      • Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 5 - Ability: Toughness (5 PP)
      • Protection: Protection 6 +6 Toughness - (6 PP)
    • Human Form - (1 PP)
      • Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 30 - Traits: Dodge +2, Parry +2, Dexterity +4, Agility +2, Fighting +2, Acrobatics +6, Athletics +6, Stealth +6; Advantages: Benefit, Athletics Based on Agility (30 PP)
      • Speed: Speed 5 Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round - (5 PP)
  • Immunity: Immunity 2 - Aging, Sleep (2 PP)
Eyes: Green Hair: Auburn, long, straight
Height: 5' 9" Weight:110 lb.

BACKGROUND
UPDATE: What has happened? Freakish abilities? What's going on?

BIO: Jennifer is a small town girl with big time ambition. She plays tennis competitively and has a shelf of trophies to show for it.

Her father, Greg, works at the local factory on the night shift. He's the shift manager so he also sometimes works days. He limps noticeably, a wound he acquired in the Pacific theater. Greg married Julia in 1943 after he was honorably discharged.

Julia died in a car accident 8 years ago, when Jennifer was 9 and her baby sister Emily was 2. Greg's sister Sandy moved in after her death to take care of the kids. But Sandy has trouble keeping away from the bottle and so Jennifer has raised Emily more than her Aunt has. Sandy moved out a couple years ago because while Jennifer never said a word to her, Sandy could not handle the way Jennifer looked at her.

Even with the turmoil at home, Jennifer has managed to hold a straight-A GPA all through high school and plays on the school tennis team. When she isn't doing her homework, helping Emily with her homework, cleaning the house, or making dinner, she can be found batting tennis balls against the old barn out back. (Greg had to replace one of the barn walls with a cement wall because she put too many holes in the old rotted wood on the barn. Also, the "farm" hasn't been a working farm since the war.)

Jennifer has dated a few boys at school. But she remains chaste. She knows what raising a child is like and doesn't want that getting in the way of her tennis career.

COMPLICATIONS
  • Motivation: Recognition: She will be the best. Best on the tennis court. Valedictorian. The Best.
  • Mute: In her crystal form, Jennifer is mute.
  • Responsibility: Emily Arden is Jennifer's little sister (age 14). Since mom died 12 years ago, Jennifer has been taking care of her. Emily barely remembers their Mom other than the stories Jennifer tells her.
  • Rigidity: When she first takes her crystal form, she is immobilized until she cracks the crystal. Before that, she looks like a flawless crystal statue.
MOVEMENT AND STRENGTH DATA
Size:
Normal size ~6 ft.
Flight: 30 miles/hour; 500 feet/round
Walking: 60 miles/hour; 900 feet/round; Running: 120 miles/hour; 1,800 feet/round
Swimming: 1/2 mile/hour; 6 feet/round
Jumping: Running 10 ft.; Standing 5 ft.; Vertical 2 ft.; Standing Vertical 1 ft.
Throwing Distances: 100 tons up to 6 ft, 25 tons up to 30 ft, 6 tons up to 120 ft
TOTALS: Abilities: 28, Powers: 38, Advantages: 4, Skills: 4, Defenses: 6 -> 80

I was looking at the power profile book and this was the the example for a create darkness power. I think it makes everyone inside unable to see anything. I then took sense 2 to see through all darkness.

tglassy

Adventurer
I want to eventually add in a healing power, but I want it to be Empathetic Healing. So if I heal someone, I gain the injury/condition. I want to be able eventually to go so far as to be able to bring someone back to life. Since I’ll just come back anyway, it’s not a big deal. That could be a good way to gain some immunities. I figure this is a good use of my Immortality, as I can help bring people back and it will just make me stronger.

I might do some rearranging to get that started. It’d have -2 for its cost, because I’d do Limited to Others and Empathetic, so even one point could help.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases