[M&M 3E] October 1962 (Full)

I don't know what kind of hero she might become. Depends how the event affects the lives around her. But I think this is a good portrait of who she was.

Jennifer Arden
(Hero; PL: 1; PP: 15/15)

Strength: 0; Agility: 2; Fighting: 2; Awareness: 0
Stamina: 0; Dexterity: 0; Intellect: 2; Presence: 0

Dodge: 2, Parry: 2, Fortitude: 0, Toughness: 0, Will: 0

SKILLS: Athletics +0; Deception +0; Expertise: Tennis +6 (4r); Insight +0; Intimidation +0; Perception +0; Persuasion +0; Stealth +2
ADVANTAGES: Attractive
LANGUAGES: English

Eyes: Green Hair: Auburn, long, straight
Height: 5' 9" Weight:110 lb.

BACKGROUND
Jennifer is a small town girl with big time ambition. She plays tennis competitively and has a shelf of trophies to show for it.

Her father, Greg, works at the local factory on the night shift. He's the shift manager so he also sometimes works days. He limps noticeably, a wound he acquired in the Pacific theater. Greg married Julia in 1943 after he was honorably discharged.

Julia died in a car accident 8 years ago, when Jennifer was 9 and her baby sister Emily was 2. Greg's sister Sandy moved in after her death to take care of the kids. But Sandy has trouble keeping away from the bottle and so Jennifer has raised Emily more than her Aunt has. Sandy moved out a couple years ago because while Jennifer never said a word to her, Sandy could not handle the way Jennifer looked at her.

Even with the turmoil at home, Jennifer has managed to hold a straight-A GPA all through high school and plays on the school tennis team. When she isn't doing her homework, helping Emily with her homework, cleaning the house, or making dinner, she can be found batting tennis balls against the old barn out back. (Greg had to replace one of the barn walls with a cement wall because she put too many holes in the old rotted wood on the barn. Also, the "farm" hasn't been a working farm since the war.)

Jennifer has dated a few boys at school. But she remains chaste. She knows what raising a child is like and doesn't want that getting in the way of her tennis career.

COMPLICATIONS
  • Motivation: Recognition: She will be the best. Best on the tennis court. Valedictorian. The Best
  • Responsibility: Emily Arden is Jennifer's little sister (age 14). Since mom died 12 years ago, Jennifer has been taking care of her. Emily barely remembers their Mom other than the stories Jennifer tells her.
TOTALS: Abilities: 12, Powers: 0, Advantages: 1, Skills: 2, Defenses: 0 -> 15

Here is a very rough draft of my character.

Charles (Charlie) Babitch
(Hero; PL: 1; PP: 15/15)

Strength: 0; Agility: 1; Fighting: 0; Awareness: 2
Stamina: 0; Dexterity: 1; Intellect: 1; Presence: 0

Dodge: 1, Parry: 0, Fortitude: 0, Toughness: 0, Will: 2

SKILLS: Expertise: Survival +2; Insight +3; Perception +4; Ranged Combat +2; Stealth +2
ADVANTAGES: Hide in Plain Sight, Tracking
LANGUAGES: English

Eyes: Blue Hair: Black
Height: 6' Weight:185 lb.

BACKGROUND
Charlie has always been an outsider. His family is a little strange. His father believed the Reds had infiltarted the country. This was the prelude to an invasion. He had spent years and almost every dime he made outfitting a bunker in the mountains of their property. He had been teaching his son to live off the land and resist when the day finally arrived. His mom was crazy, and in this case it was not an exaggeration. She spoke to angels or that was what she said. This made it hard to have friends so Charlie didn't try. It also didn't help that his father barley held a job so Charlie had to work nights and weekends to support his family. He wished only to get away from this town but new it would never happen. He was stuck with no one but himself.

COMPLICATIONS
  • Motivation: Acceptance: He might not show it but all Charlie wants is to be accepted by his peers.
  • Responsibility: Charlie is the only one who supports his family. Without him they would lose everything.
TOTALS: Abilities: 1, Powers: 0, Advantages: 2, Skills: 3, Defenses: 0 -> 15

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Hmm. Well, "later today" turned into "not this weekend". Busy, busy. I should have time later today to move things along a bit.

I'm going to give the other PCs time to catch up in game to my character. Don't want to make things more confusing. Also want to give everyone a chance to RP anything that happens before my PC gets to school.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Later today or tomorrow, I'm going to advance the timeline to the school lunch period. If there's anything you want your characters to do, say, et cetera before then, now's the time to post. After lunch, we'll hit the end of the day, and then I'm going to throw a huge sack of feces at a large, rapidly spinning fan.

:D

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
As we come to the close the week, it's time for every character to be awarded 2 Power Points. Hold off on spending these, please.

Remove ads