• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M] Need suggestions for WWII villains (Frontline Comics players, keep out!)

Neowolf

First Post
Alright, here's the deal. I just recently picked up Mutants & Masterminds, and am planning on using it to run a game set in WWII, with the PCs being a group of American superhumans (I hesitate to necessarily call them superheroes because the only player who's made his character so far turned in a fairly dark toned antihero) who will be coming into conflict with a group of German (Nazi) supervillains. I was looking for suggestions on possible characters, with these guidelines in mind:

1. This group was created by the Nazis, and I'm guessing they would only accept Aryan subjects.
2. The names should be in German, and I'd prefer them to be fairly short (3-4 syllables at most) and menacing-sounding.

Here's a few examples that I've already come up with:

der Berg ("the Mountain") - an enormous, nearly invincible, super-strong behemoth of a man.

der Läufer - ("the Runner") - the Third Reich's answer to The Flash

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I know this is likely to be a controversial topic since it's such a sensitive subject, but please realize I'm not trying to be offensive.

Last edited:

jmichels`

First Post
I have been kicking around some WWII villians in my mind for a game of Marvel Superhero's a while back and here is some stuff I thought of.

Oberleutnant Kreig: He was the head of the Nazi Mutant program which was formed by Josef Georbels. He was basically a regular person that controlled the program. He was officious and by the book and would listen slavenly to orders from on high.

Das Aryan: He was the evil version of Captain America created by Nazi scientists to be the perfect man. He was the teams' battle leader similar to Captain America. He was a mutant with incredible agility who volunteered to undergo a Super Soldier Serum type of thing. It kind of unhinged him a bit and he freaks out and becomes psychotic when stressed. He was also a poster boy and a propaganda tool.

Panzer: He was a super strong guy with a steel skin similar to Colossus. He was a Russian immigrant pressed into service by the Nazi's and is hinted to be related somehow to Colossus.

Wunderwaffen: He was kind of a regular guy that had plenty of secret weapons in his suit. Kind of like a Nazi version of Mary Girl of a 1000 Gimmicks. His powers were an ability to make all sorts of strange weapons similar to Forge.

Tottenkopff: Kind of a guy in a leather suit with a skull mask. He was psychotic and had kind of an ability similar to the Taskmaster where he could mimic any physical skill that he saw. He used lots of knives and was an expert shot.

Herr Geist: He was actually the ghost of a Hessian mercenary killed during the American Revolution. He hated both Britain and America since he feels he was robbed of life by them. Not technically a mutant he had the powers of invisibility, intangibility and could fly at will. He fought with a sabre and a single shot flintlock pistol. Both of these items could affect the real world.

Hope these ideas help you.

Gospog

First Post
Just wanted to point out that the ideas jmichaels posted are incredibly cool, and I hope you don't mind if I steal a few for my own M&M game. ;)

In any case, building on his idea for Panzer, you could include one or more Russian superhumans that switch alleigances along with thier mother country.

Introduce these Russian supers as enemies of the Allies. It's even better if you can get a good grudge going between a Player Character and one of the Russians.

Then, several games later, the PCs are supporting the Russians against the German invasion. Guess who they run into and must work with? Instant roleplaying, while sticking to the topic of kicking Nazi butt!

Voneth

First Post
Pinnicle's d20 WWII horror game Wierd Wars has a free adventure download that might have a couple of names for you (plus the adventures should convert easily.)

There could also be a "Vulf" character related to wolves. Some ideas are a werewolf, a animal/man hybrid, a mentalist who summons wolves, or for a really low-powered game he could just be a guy with a wolf sidekick that can do amazing tricks and is highly intellgent.

http://www.peginc.com/Downloads.htm

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads