[M&M3] Astonishing Tales of Centropolis Vol. #3, Issue 1 ‘This Island Apocalypse’

Silver Streak said:
He holds out the PDA to Kitsune, "Kitsune, can you read this?"
[sblock=Condition]Hero Points: 1
Bruises: 0
Conditions: none[/sblock]
Paladin said:
"I don't know," The Princess says. "It was very far away. Like on an island near China. Maybe if we were in the area, I could locate it. But from here, I don't know if I could pinpoint it."
"You just followed the path with your mind. Can you open it for us to walk?"

"I don't know. That was very taxing," The Princess says. "I don't even know how I did that. I don't think I could create a portal. The distance is too great."

"I don't know. That was very taxing," The Princess says. "I don't even know how I did that. I don't think I could create a portal. The distance is too great."
Paladin said:
"What if we could at least partially restore the machine?"

OOC: I'm considering a Power Stunt on my Divine Magic (35pp): Healing 17, Affects Objects, Persistent, Tiring. This should reverse some of the worst damage to the device, even "incurable" damage, and leave Paladin exhausted. It would be nice if the Princess and Silver Streak were able to Aid Paladin in this, using their knowledge of Magic and Technology to guide him. (But that's not quite how Team Checks work)

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Yes this sounds totally doable... but would require some checks. So Paladin would need a Will check to push his abilities (along with taking the Fatigue). The Princess and Silver Streak could make their skill checks also. Depending on the levels you all get I can see this working. I would say at least a 15 by Paladin. If the Princess or Silver Streak got 15's on their check they would give him +2 (each) to his roll or if they got 20+ on the checks they would grant +5 to this check (each). Thoughts??

OOC: I misread my sheet. This would be Extra Effort for a Power Stunt to add a temporary slot to my Divine Healing array (32pp). This drops the effect to Healing 15. (Unless I change it to Affects Only Objects, in which case it jumps to Healing 31).
I'm willing to proceed

Paladin sets down his hammer and shield and lays his hands upon the damaged device. His brow furrows in concentration as he chants aloud in an unknown language. As the chant grows louder his hands start to glow.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Silver Streak sets his hand on the shorter man's shoulder. He concentrates his senses upon the machine, seeing where it is damaged, and how it should look in its undamaged state.
[roll2]

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Excellent... even without the Princess's roll...

As the soft glow coming off of Paladin fades, Silver Streak senses the correct buttons to activate the machine... it still looks like scrap but a map appears on a cracked display that looks like somewhere just south of South Korea and east of mainland China! A cross-hair appears to center on something that could be an island. The machine its seems starts beeping as a soft glow starts building... Paladin has a very strong sense that it will activate within the next few seconds.

The Princess incants "See No, Hear No, Speak No" again to observe the machine's operation.

OOC: perception [roll0]
Mostly to make sure it won't be teleporting us to a cage.

GreenKarl

First Post
The Princess feels that the movement is in the direction of where she "was" in her vision... but she still senses a shadowy presence with its eyes upon her...

hero4hire

Explorer
Rumble cracked his knuckles. "Girly! That's the only thing that's been said that makes sense to me. Make with the mumbo jumbo!"

Remove ads