[M&M3] Astonishing Tales of Centropolis Vol. #3, Issue 1 ‘This Island Apocalypse’

OOC: The Princess would have been flying. So the robot had to have leaped to hit her. (Not that this would be hard with its strength.) And if it were dark, the princess would be lit. Bright light 60' radius. I assume Kitsune and The Shadow would be outside that radius.

Init [roll0]
Toughness save [roll1]

The Princess
Round: 0; HP: 1
Condition: Dazed, 1 wound

Assuming the robot is isolated, The Princess attempts to blind the robot as she sings out "Sunny Rays of Chromatic Goodness" and unleashes a cone of bright light at it. DC 18 Fort save vs her affliction.

[sblock="Can I save this?"]The Princess is knocked back by the sudden strike of the robot. She follows the robot to the ground as she sings out, "Chiromantic Ultra Force" and strikes at the robot.

Close attack +5, damage 13, 12 penetrating DC 28: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24 (Speaking of almost a crit.)[/sblock]

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Oh sorry. Yes the robot has the leap power also, so it would still have gotten her. With a 16, the Princess failed by 2 degrees so she is Dazed on her next round and has –1 circumstance penalty to further resistance checks against damage. While Dazed you can take either a Standard or Move action.

OOC: I hadn't intended to run him in this scenario, I was just updating him to match everyone else.

[roll0]

Silver Streak turns to follow the robot's movements, and lets loose with a Lightning Bolt when it pauses, fusing a patch of sand in front of it.
[roll1]

[sblock=Condition]Hero Points: 1
Bruises: 0
Conditions: none[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Kitsune squeaks, "Kitty!" and as soon as she gets a chance, winks out of sight.

Not out of mind though, as a laser beam erupts from further away, off to one side, trying to distract that cat with the one thing they can't resist. LASER SPECKLE.

Or just kill it. Yeah, lets go with that.

Init: [roll0]
Layzer: [roll1] (DC 24 multiattack on hit)

GreenKarl

First Post
Grunting slightly in pain the Princess Starlight tried to blind the machine but its mechanical eyes closed well before it suffered any ill effects. Rumble raced down the beach to land a solid blow against the metal hide of the construct but only reward he received was the hallow thud as it turned at the last second and absorbed the strike. But then, under the barrage of Kitsune’s laser bolts, the cat-thing staggered back a step or two as smoke and something like burning oil ran down its sides. It let out a metallic like howl as Silver Streak tried to follow up with a lightning bolt that barely missed it.

It turned its metallic eyes towards Rumble and slashed at the hero with its tail but the construct’s aim was off and it only managed to hit the sanding beach near the street fighter…

Still farther back in the jungle the Shadow heard his allies in combat but then saw some movement deeper in the forest before him. Something small and moving fast…

GM: Well I waiting a long time for the Shadow so moving forward.
Initiative - Round 1
Princess Starlight -26
Rumble -24
Kitsune -21
Silver Streak -13
Robot Cat -17

[sblock=Rolls & Results]Heroes go first. First Robot Cat Toughness save vs. DC 28: 1D20+9 = [20]+9 = 29, natural 20, it ignores that attack. Darn it, now I see this was a Fortitude save BUT the cat still rolled a Natural 20 so +5 that’s 25, easily making that save. Then Toughness save vs. DC 24: 1D20+9 = [19]+9 = 28, wow, second roll a 19 so it ignores Rumbles attack!!! Then Kitsune succeeded by 1 degree so +2 to her damage, Toughness save vs. DC 26: 1D20+9 = [6]+9 = 15, and NOW missed by 3 degrees. Target is Staggered and suffers -1 circumstance penalty to further checks against damage. Staggered includes - Dazed (move or standard action) and Hindered (-1 speed) conditions.

The Robot Cat takes a standard action to try and clash at Rumble, Close attack, damage +9 if successful (Toughness save DC 24): 1D20+9 = [4]+9 = 13, but it misses him!![/sblock]

Heroes ACTIONS!

The Princess
Round: 1; HP: 1
Condition: 1 wound

"Bad kitty," The Princess says. "Bad for attacking me. Bad for not being soft and fuzzy." She flies down to the cat robot and sings out, "Chiromantic Ultra Force," as she attempts to punch it and connects.

OOC: Attack [roll0] vs Parry, toughness DC 28, damage 13, penetrating 12.

hero4hire

Explorer
Rumble dodged out of the way of the Robocat. Crap! Can't predict how this thing moves!
He thought as Princess attacked. "Hey Rainbow Brite! Ya shouldn't steal my oneliners! It will give me a complex..." he quipped to the young heroine. He made a running dropkick hoping to knock the things head off but completely missed. "See! Ya messed with my timing!"

Ooc: Power attack 5: 1D20+7 = [1]+7 = 8

Silver Streak uses his ElectroSense to see which way the robot is about to move, allowing him to lob his Lightning Bolt so that the kitty dodges right into it!
[roll0] vs. Dodge, toughness DC 24 electricity

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases