[M&M3] Astonishing Tales of Centropolis Vol. #3, Issue 1 ‘This Island Apocalypse’

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The Shadow
Apocalypse Island
Saturday, February 11, 2017/Night
Round 2 (in light)

OOC: Sorry! I’m behind. Summer bloat is catching up to me!

Initiative: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9

Shadow cursed as the cat attacked. It had to attack in the light, didn’t it? He eyed the darkness in the jungle, unsure if he saw movement there, and then rushed back onto the beach to aid his team.

Shadow leapt at the cat and drove his fist into it.

[sblock=Rolls and Actions]
Action: Unarmed attack: 1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20
Damage DC 20
Move: To cat
Reaction:
Conditions:
Regeneration: 0/5r
Hero Points: 1
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Still invisible, Kitsune quickly hauled herself up a nearby tree who's trunk looked thick enough to support her, and sent another laser beam sluicing at the robot kitty from some other part of the jungle...much as if an invisible attacker were somewhere over there.

Much easier to keep an eye on things from above.

(Laser blast! [roll0] (DC24 multiattack))

GreenKarl

First Post
As the cat slashed at Rumble, Princess Starlight flow forward to leave a fist sized dent in the robot’s side. It growled mechanically at her as its metal claws extended to try and cut her again! Rumble and Kitsune both missed the creature as it moved quickly to try and slash at the flying woman when an electrical bolt from Silver Streak struck the creature squarely and knocked it off its feet!!! The Shadow reappear nearby and also struck the thing from the shadows but it seems to have no additional affects against the construct that now seem to be malfunctioning – its glowing red metallic eyes dimming and then switching off.

As quickly as it started the jungle returns to almost total silence except for the slight breeze of the wind through the thick canopy…

GM: Initiative - Round 2
Princess Starlight -26
Rumble -24
Kitsune -21
Silver Streak -13
Shadow -9
Robot Cat -17

[sblock=Rolls & Results]Princess Starlight hit, Robot Cat’s Toughness save vs. DC 28: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18, failed by 2 degrees, is Dazed and an additional -1 to future toughness saves. Then Rumble missed, Kitsune missed, then Silver Strike hit and so Robot Cat Toughness save vs. DC 24: 1D20+7 = [3]+7 = 10, failed by 3 degrees but he is already staggered so it is taken out!!! Then the Shadow Toughness save vs. DC 20: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22, he would have made that one[/sblock]

Then Secret roll: 1D20+15 = [19]+15 = 34… well players can try and Perception roll if they want BUT the DC is a bit high ;)

Heroes Actions?

GreenKarl

First Post
As the robot cat shuts off the jungle becomes still again, with only the wind blowing through the palm trees producing sounds. As the heroes look about, Princess Starlight, from her elevated flight height can see the soft glow of lights maybe a mile up along the beach. Otherwise there are a large number of steep hills towards the center of the island and multiple points sticking up from the main island to produce numerous bays in both directions from where the heroes are standing...

GM: Just depends which way the heroes wish to go. Inland the hills about the center of the island are about 2 miles away and look very steep and rough. The light are on the eastern side of the island (if you are at the southern most point, which you might not be as I don't think anyone has direction sense or any special expertise on navigators or star consolations). The beach both east and west looks fairly broad and flat with white sands as far as you can see

hero4hire

Explorer
Rumble looked at the view and whistled. "All it is missing is some lawn chairs and a couple of mai tais! Somehow I am thinking it won't be so easy though. Still maybe after I am done caving in Porky-lip's face I might stay fer awhile and have a couple cervazas!"

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Kitsune reappears standing just a few feet away from Rumble, putting finger to her lips and shushing him.

"Be careful. There could be more."

Meanwhile, the real Kitsune kept a sharp, invisible, eye out for trouble. Well, metaphorically, since her actual eyes didn't work. But basically that's what she was doing.

Perception: [roll0] (she can see infrared if that helps :))

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The Shadow
Apocalypse Island
Saturday, February 11, 2017/Night
Round 0

Shadow looked around, searching and listening in the dark, silent island.

Perception: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9

But he didn’t hear anything.

Shadow turned back to the others. “Can you turn that light off?” he asked Princess. “You’re broadcasting to the entire island where we are. Now do we go the long, but easy way around,” He gestured to the beach to the right, toward the lights; that might be something to check out, “or straight, but difficult.” He looked to the interior of the island, with the jungle and the hills and hidden dangers.

[sblock=Rolls and Actions]
Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Regeneration: 0/5r
Hero Points: 1
[/sblock]

The Princess' glow ceases. "I doubt anyone can see that glow through the canopy of trees here. But sure. I prefer the beach as we won't have to worry about things dropping down upon us."

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: I don't want to assume but it appears the group is going to follow the beach and head towards the light source?? Do you approach stealthy or moving normal speed? Also on the beach there is enough light from the moon and star to see by somewhat. Anyone that can't see in the dark is Impaired (-2 to anything that replies on Sight like Perception and Attacks). Traveling through the jungle its near total darkness and as such anyone without special senses is near blind so equal to Disable (-5 to all sight base actions) and Vulnerable (1/2 defenses) without a light source.

OOC: Was The Princess' assessment of the canopy of trees blocking her light accurate? Regardless, the beach still has less ambush chance.

Oh, and how fast do we move? In the air, she moves 120 mph. She won't need that speed but in trees she's probably hampered from flying.

Remove ads