• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan's suggestion

"Another possibility would be to send one or two stealthy people to take a closer look. We can decide then if we can capture it. If we can take it before going to sleep, it would be a better fortification for us than anything we could improvise out here."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn1

Somac shifts on his feet uncomfortably.

"I have no desire to be caught outside at night. In the moathouse, we should at least have some control of the situation, with walls and doors around us. My vote is to simply storm the structure, sneaking in through the broken wall and avoiding the main entrance. However, I will wait patiently if anyone volunteers to scout the area first."

Last edited:

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

"I say we wait until daylight. That way we'll be at our best. Plus I can heal those who need it now and regain my spells tomorrow."

orsal

LEW Judge
Vigwyn the Unruly (Somac) said:
"I have no desire to be caught outside at night. In the moathouse, we should at least have some control of the situation, with walls and doors around us. My vote is to simply storm the structure, sneaking in through the broken wall and avoiding the main entrance. However, I will wait patiently if anyone volunteers to scout the area first."

Nurlan replies, "I will if the group wishes. Scouting is not what I do best, but I did work a little on my stealth when we were back in Orussus to recruit the rest of you. I expected hiding ability would come in handy on this mission."

Manzanita

First Post
Nurlan feels he'd have a fair shot at avoiding being sighted in case someone was inside. There is tall grass, scattered bushes, small ravines, trees and such, which seem to go on around the moathouse.

As the group discusses their next action, Somac thinks he sees movement inside. No one comes out, but he thinks he saw some humanoid figure walking inside near the crumbled wall.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn1

Startled, Somac whispers excitedly to the others, "Hey... hey... Did you see that? Someone's inside! Right there near the crumbled wall! Get down! We don't want them to see us until we know if they're friend or foe."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"I say storm the front before they know what's going on and alarm the any possible others! I have all my spells available, so that should help a lot! Your choice, but let's make it fast, charge or flee, but let's not stay here!"
Irene readies to run towards the moathouse if the party decides to do so, or run away if that's the chosen option.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

Charlarn ducks down (Hide +0) in the grass. "We should retreat now. It'll be harder in the dark to tell if the person is friendly or not."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
OOC: Manzanita, great game so far! You're doing an excellent job of making things interesting and keeping the game moving--no easy task with 8 PCs. I'm going to be out of town for about a week. Please NPC Somac while I'm away. I'll be back next Thursday. Thanks! :)

Patlin

Explorer
Steve Jung said:
Charlarn ducks down (Hide +0) in the grass. "We should retreat now. It'll be harder in the dark to tell if the person is friendly or not."

Tor shrugs, giving up on his original idea of fortifying in place. He continues to look for a more defendable spot, perhaps a bit further away... maybe somewhere where the goblins could come at the party in fewer directions, or perhaps the top of some wooded hill, where goblins would have to charge uphill, giving defenders a height advantage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads