• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Manzanita

First Post
notes

There is only one enemy currently visible to the bulk of the party, an injured goblin archer on the south wall. Tor can see other opponents from his vantage on the battlement. Everyone else is on floor level, or below, 10 feet or more below Tor.

To continue fighting, Charlyn would have to ready his crossbow, or climb up to the battlement level. He could also hop into the room and enter the castle that way, although there are no enemy forces visible in there.

My understanding on climbing was that both hands had to be free, thus I assumed Tor had neither hand on his chain.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
My understanding on climbing was that both hands had to be free, thus I assumed Tor had neither hand on his chain.

ooc: OK. In that case, he looped the chain over his shoulders while climbing and used a move action to ready it.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
There is only one enemy currently visible to the bulk of the party, an injured goblin archer on the south wall.

If he's still standing, Nurlan will fire a bolt at him. Otherwise, Nurlan will put the bow away and start climbing the wall. Still singing, of course.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 7

Whew - this is destined to be the longest combat I've ever DMed. So far, so good, anyway. Does anyone want to NPC Tenebryn while Erekose is gone? Perhaps one of the original gang who knows his style will volunteer. Pipe right up; don't be shy!

Somac aims his shortbow at the last visible goblin, but misses. Irene, [who prepared and loaded her crossbow in round 6], launches a bolt, which finds home in the goblin's throat, toppling it off the wall where it lands dead next to Rinaldo.

Ashnar, seeing no more opponents, sets back to climbing up the rubble. Unfortunately, he slips, falls onto his stomach, and slides back into the water, about waist deep.

Tenebryn and Nurlan successfully climb up about 8 feet.

No more goblins appear on the walls. Tor is hard pressed, as the scimitar weilding goblin joins the hobgoblin in attacking him. Fortunately, he is able to avoid both blows. Unfortunately, the hobgoblin again deflects his chain without injury.

Charlyn starts climbing up the south battlement wall. He makes it about 8 feet up. This puts his head over the floor level of the parapet. He can now see a hobgoblin and two goblins, who seem to be talking and preparing to attack.

Rinaldo, seeing no more opponents, slings his crossbow over his shoulder, and begins to climb after Charlyn. He makes little progress on the loose, mossy stones.

Patlin

Explorer
Tor, son of Ariathus

Tor is begining to get a bit worried, as none of his allies have as yet appeared beside him to fight off these opponents. If this has changed by his turn (at least one other party member is with him or only one enemy remains near him) he will strike normally, conserving his strength. However, if he is still outnumbered at the begining of his turn he will rage.

Not raging: +5 for 2d4+4
Raging: +7 for 2d4+7

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

Manzanita said:
/snip/
Charlyn starts climbing up the south battlement wall. He makes it about 8 feet up. This puts his head over the floor level of the parapet. He can now see a hobgoblin and two goblins, who seem to be talking and preparing to attack.
"Oh boy. I'm in for it now." Charlarn continues climbing. He'll ready his shield before he readies his weapon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads