M3: Nurlan & Mordik (Patlin judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan is pleased to be addressed by Rinaldo, as this obviates the need to engineer a meeting. Response posted in the main thread.

Manzanita

First Post
Captain Basmar appears late for breakfast. He looks about warily, carrying a backpack in his arms, and his usual sword at his side. He pauses at the bar to collect a cup of tea and a thick piece of black bread. He then lugs his backpack out the side door.

Soon thereafter, as Nurlan and Mordik finish their breakfast, Mordik feels the call of nature. Excusing himself from Nurlan, he heads out the side door to go back to the outhouse. He walks out the back door, and is surprised to see the Captain on his hands and knees shoveling hundreds of gold pieces into his backpack. He evidently tripped and spilled them out. He glowers at the Mordik as he passes.

We haven't heard from Orsal in a spell. I hate to have any of my players twiddling their thumbs. Feel free to do your own thing, NakuruSai (in which case Nurlan feels a bit ill and stays at the inn), or NPCing Nurlan and returning together to the theater, or whatever.

orsal

LEW Judge
NakuruSai said:
Mordik finishes off his breakfast and stands up.
[smallcaps]Well, let's go, shall we Nurlan?[/smallcaps]

"Sure. Straight to the theatre, or is there anything you wanted to see or do first?"

edit: Nurlan waits as Mordik excuses himself.

NakuruSai

First Post
...surprised to see the Captain on his hands and knees shoveling hundreds of gold pieces into his backpack. He evidently tripped and spilled them out. He glowers at the Mordik as he passes.
Mordik keeps walking, but slows down a little to comment:
[smallcaps]Bunch o' money you got there. [/smallcaps]Mordik smiles and adds slyly, [smallcaps] Need any help with that? [/smallcaps] He stops and offers a hand, but standing where he is.

(I'd like to continue to question about it regardless of how he responds, unless it seems he'll attack)
[smallcaps]So where'd ya get so much spendin' cash, friend?[/smallcaps]

Manzanita

First Post
Barmar scowls at the dwarf. "Go away. None of your damn business." He finishes scooping the gold into the pack, getting some dirt and leaves in there too in his rush, then stands and strides away, turning towards the street.

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik takes care to see in which direction he goes. After which, he finishes his business at the outhouse and quickly comes back to Nurlan.

[smallcaps]So...you'll never guess what I just saw - let's talk elsewhere.[/smallcaps]
After out of earshot of inn, Mordik explains what he saw and which direction barmar was going.

orsal

LEW Judge
NakuruSai (Mordik) said:
After out of earshot of inn, Mordik explains what he saw and which direction barmar was going.

"Weird", says Nurlan. "But unless there seems to be some connection to our business, and I don't see that there is any, we'd do best not to concern ourselves with it."

Remove ads