M3: Nurlan & Mordik (Patlin judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
Assuming Mordik doesn't have any other suggestions, sure. On the way, Nurlan says quietly to Mordik.

"Let's try the song with the lasso tonight. We can practice at the theatre; that'll be our rationale for spending so much of the day there. We want to get the physical part of the act down pat in the actual location where we'll do it. But while we're hanging around, we won't just be practicing. I'll chat up as many people as I can, trying to see if anyone has any strong opinion about the ruling family of Monemvassia. Let me do most of the talking, but keep your eyes open. See what you can figure out about social dynamics. Does anyone else seem to be particularly friendly with Wilbur? When Abraham gets to the theatre tonight, is there anyone besides Balmorrow who seems friendly with him?"

Manzanita

First Post
Nurlan and Mordik arrive back at the theater. They are greeted in a friendly manner by all. People are busy, and the activity is much as it was the day before. The performers and stage crew are busy making various minor adjustments to their acts to keep them fresh. The clear-eyed dog again seems to follow the pair around, his eyes lingering on Mordiks'.

gather info: 7+3=10

Nurlan engages various people in conversation. The hand of Monemvassia is more subtle here, than in the city itself. Three Rings is independently ruled, but pays taxes to the larger city for protection of its roads and waterways. There is also an ancient pact that states the cities will come to each other's defense in case of large scale attack, but there is some doubt in people's minds as to whether this would really come to pass. Eveyone misses the more glorious days when King Dorian Jara ruled, and his hansome Grandson Julian would visit with the royal guards. Taxes have risen since, but the Mayor, Arness is distrusted, and blame is not particularly placed on King Crassus.

Everyone seems friendly with Wilbur, but no one moreso in particular.

NakuruSai

First Post
The clear-eyed dog again seems to follow the pair around, his eyes lingering on Mordiks'.
[smallcaps] AAHH! shoo ya mangy beastie! SHOO! I'll slay ye, I swear it on me father's mountain![/smallcaps] Mordik shoos with his hands and gets progressively more agitated and clumsy as the dog continutes following him. Apparently he has an aversion to dogs.

orsal

LEW Judge
Around mid-afternoon, after some gathering information, small talk and practice, but before everything needs to be ready for this evening, Nurlan asks Mordik, "Shall we take a stroll?"

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik looks around, unaware of anything that's been gathered of any importance, perhaps something has happened he was not aware of...[smallcaps]Aye, let's walk. Need to get some fresh air anyways. [/smallcaps]

Manzanita

First Post
"Hey, hey!" interupts Winky, as he hears Mordik shoo away the dog. "That's no ordinary dog. That there's what they call a blink dog. They're as intelligent as men. He's just keeping an eye out for you is all. Be kind."

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan leads Mordik out of the theatre toward the least crowded part of town that he's seen. He keeps looking around, trying to see whether anyone's following them. He'll wait at least 5-10 minutes before saying anything of substance. Let me know whether he or Mordik notices anything suspicious; if not, my next post will include his ruminations.

Manzanita

First Post
Nurlan and Mordik leave the theater and wander down to the sea shore. With only the lapping ocean in their ears, they have a chance to speak. No one seemed to follow them.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan to Mordik

"Nobody except Wilbur emerging as particularly suspicious. Anybody might have a motive -- the way they talk about the royals, probably not many people who mind seeing him dead. But the only definite lead is Wilbur, and it's only the broken string that points to him. Any ideas?"

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik seems to have been keeping to himself on the walk, very introspective. When he gets to the shore with Nurlan he seems to have thought of something:

[smallcaps]Wait! ...the dog - you heard Wnky, the dog is as smart as a man, is there a way to...[/smallcaps]Mordik shudders at the thought..[smallcaps]Iss'er....a way to talk to it maybe? It could've seen somethin! It seems to always be around the theatre, maybe it knows a little bit more about what happened? Or at least where some of the people's motives lie.[/smallcaps]

Remove ads