M3: Nurlan & Mordik (Patlin judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
"I don't know. What language do you suppose a smart dog might speak? I can try talking to it in the languages I know. But even if it understands me and can talk back, I don't think I can get its trust. With the right song I know how to get a person to like ro trust me -- a human, a halfling or even a goblin. But I doubt I could do the same with a dog, even an intelligent dog.

"Maybe the others have an idea. We'll have to confer with them. Do you suppose they might come ot the theatre tonight?"

NakuruSai

First Post
[smallcaps]Hrm..not sure, if not, we can try and meet up with them again tonight, afterwards..? I don't know what that mutt might speak...or even if it can, some things can be smart and not talk, righ'? Iss'er any magicky-stuff you know or know about that can talk with stuff like that?[/smallcaps]

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan

NakuruSai said:
[smallcaps]Hrm..not sure, if not, we can try and meet up with them again tonight, afterwards..? I don't know what that mutt might speak...or even if it can, some things can be smart and not talk, righ'? Iss'er any magicky-stuff you know or know about that can talk with stuff like that?[/smallcaps]

"Speaking with animals? No idea how to do that. Maybe Tenebrynn or Ashnar knows something about it. Another thing I was thinking about: should we get one of the others, maybe Eanos or Rinaldo, to follow Wilbur and see if they can learn any secrets from him? He's less likely to notice if it's nobody he's met."

NakuruSai

First Post
[smallcaps]Sounds good - I can try to follow him unseen but if I mess up, he'll see me and know. But if Rinaldo follows behind disguised and changes every now and then, it'll be almost impossible to tell. Great idea![/smallcaps]

Manzanita

First Post
Mordik and Nurlan head back to the theater. It is almost dinnertime. Dinner will be served in the theater for the performers. It is a small town, and as you are walking you notice all four of your other companions outside the inn, talking, and walking inside.

orsal

LEW Judge
How far away are we when we see them? If it's close enough for a casual greeting not to seem strange, Nurlan will greet them, and try to convey a message. If not, he'll wait until a later opportunity.

Manzanita

First Post
The duo is hailed by Rinaldo, who must shout to be heard. "Hey, Sir!" He shouts. "Sir! When is the show tonight? I wouldn't like to miss you tonight again." His voice lower as he approach Nurlan and Mordik.

Please continue in the main thread.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Please continue in the main thread.

Will do... but in the meantime, Manzanita, could you tell me a little more about what Wilbur looks like, e.g. hair colour? I need a description which would distinguish him from the other stagehands.

Remove ads