• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Velmont

First Post
"Do we try to get out that way? It can be risky. And not everyone have the same swimming skills." tells Rinaldo, having never swimmed seriously in his life.

rln

Explorer
Ogrin scratches his beard while thinking.

"Let's see if we can use the croc's teeth to cut down some of those roots. Maybe we can tie a few of them together and use as a string or even a narrow rope. Then we tie it round the waist of whoever goes first. When he signals, say, by pulling the rope hard first two times, then one, the next person can follow, using the rope to propel themselves forward." Ogrin also repeats his idea in goblin for Hogarths benefit.

"As for who should go swimming... I can stay afloat in calm waters, at least. With the rope, it would be easier."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (HP: 32/51)

Velmont said:
"Razh, are you all right, those bites seems pretty serious."
"Aye, Ah'm alrigh'. That bugger really bites 'ard, though. Argh..." Razh has some deep gashes in his arm and he's bleeding, but he's tough. And it isn't as though there are any healing potions to use, anyway.

"Oi, Ah'll take a stick. Eh, Ah guess Ah'm taller, so Ah'll take the one with the light."

He lets the others do the planning, he'll do the fighting. For now he's trying to use his loin cloth to clean his arm without revealing himself. If the pool isn't stagnant, then he is also washing his arm in the water.

Manzanita

First Post
Hogarth moves up to Razh. Coming into the light, this is the first time most of the party has been able to see him. He does resemble the dwarf, somewhat, with his long unruly beard, and squat hairy body. But he's clearly human. He lays his hands gently on Razh's wounds, murmuring soothing words in an unknown tongue. Razh's wounds close; the bleeding stops, and the dwarf feels somewhat better. (cures 7 pts dmg)

The croc's teeth prove difficult to remove. The party is able to bash at its mouth with the two clubs and knock out some teeth, but they get splintered, and are hard to work with barehanded. The roots are thick and sturdy, but not flexible enough to use to tie together or around someone. Working together, after 10 minutes, the party has cut down one of the roots, and has a 10 foot length to work with. Nurlan's light spell has 30 minutes left. The ground shakes ominously again, and a distant roar is heard.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (HP: 39/51)

Razh sighs as Hogarth's magic flows through him, healing him. "Ah... thanks, mate... S'the only kind o' magic Ah trust, 'tis."

rln

Explorer
"I'd guess our friend here, " Ogrin indicates Hogarth, "would say it's the voice of Gundar. I'm not sure, meself, but it doesn't bode good. I'd rather not be underground, the next time the ground quakes.

I'll go first into the hole if noone else feels obliged."

Velmont

First Post
"As soon as you have a doubt that you'll find a way out, or is you feel some current starting to drag you, come back this way. Don't be a daredevil, it must not be the only exit." tells Rinaldo

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"We should have two signals," Eanos suggests as they collect and work the roots into a tether. "One for if it's safe to swim through, one for if you encounter danger or start to run out of air and need us to pull you back quickly."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads