• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mac saves teen from D&D

Bront

The man with the probe
Lady Firehawk said:
Well... I *AM* a girl, so there. :p The only girl in my gaming group, but ehhhh... also the only Christian, which sorta puts me out of any of their sights in terms of dateability. (This is where I get screwed over because there aren't too many Christian gamer guys around here... blehhhh. No wonder I'm 19 and have never had a boyfriend. ;) )
Strangely, almost all of my gaming buddies I met through church. Most are single guys, and a few single girls.

astralpwka

www.khanspress.com
I always made my girlfriends game. If they wouldn't game, it was over. :)

Meeting girls way back then was due to having a job in a mall (oooh! And one from church!!!!).

ElvishBard

First Post
Lady Firehawk said:
Well... I *AM* a girl, so there. :p The only girl in my gaming group, but ehhhh... also the only Christian, which sorta puts me out of any of their sights in terms of dateability. (This is where I get screwed over because there aren't too many Christian gamer guys around here... blehhhh. No wonder I'm 19 and have never had a boyfriend. ;) )

I've always been kind of a nerd/geek, so nerd/geeks are what I feel comfortable with. In high school all the loud, giggly preppie chicks just annoyed the heck out of me, and even in middle school I got progressively more bummed out as all my friends grew out of playing pretend (and became preppies, lol) and I didn't. Even the ones who were younger than me, which most were.

So it's really no wonder I ended up getting into RPGs and D&D and such. :D And I suspect it's at least part of the reason I've been in absolutely no hurry to get a boyfriend or get into the sorts of trouble that other teens were. Much safer to be inside at all hours of the night playing D&D than going out and getting in trouble with the police. :D

Wow, that describes me almost perfectly, except that I am 18 :p .

caudor

Adventurer
It is easier to give up fast food than it is gaming. At least by giving up the former, you have a better chance of snagging yourself a girl.

Aaron L

Hero
Quasqueton said:
By the way, what does this use of "mac" mean? My first thought was Macintosh, but I don't think that's it.

Quasqueton

I thought either Macintosh, or Big Mac. But then Im pretty far away from anything resembling normalcy.

And Ive never had a date in my life. And Im not proud of it.

Digital M@

Explorer
To me it sounds like to many people the game has become an obsession. Expanding ones horizons and looking for change is almost always a good thing, it is good for the mind and spirit and in this case body. I will admit, I am not a hardcore gamer, but I am glad I did not marry a gamer because she has expanded my interests and stops me from getting too focused into a game. She has actively searched out players and games for me and never critical of the hobby, but has no interest in it.

I think everyone should put the game down from time to time and see what else life has to offer. There is a lot more out there than D&D or any other RPG.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads