• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mac] The Mac Software Thread (Free and Alternative Stuff)

Ron

Explorer
I was planning to purchase some of this software but with another transition in the horizon (now to the Pentium processor), it seems not be a good investment. Does anybody knows if any of those specific applications, such as Crystal Ball, will include free upgrades?

Enforcer

Explorer
Crystal Ball has had pretty much zero updates in the past several months, as far as I can tell, so the switch to Pentium probably won't matter much as it seems the whole program is dead.

Just wanted to add that TextWrangler is a free text editor by the same folks who do BBEdit, here's the download link. I don't know how it compares to BBEdit, as I'm not going to pay $200 to find out, but I used it to make my website (see my .sig).

Rackhir

Explorer
BBEdit now does (or at least I've just discovered it) vertical text selection (Referred to as Rectangular Text selection)!!!!

This is the one indispensible feature of a text editor I use at work. COOL!

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Word on TextWrangler. Dimwhit, I summoun thee to add it to the initial post!

Oh, and VoodooPad added "Categories" to its feature set. You can now define categories and add pages to them. SUPER COOL. That was the missing feature for me, and now it's there and all I am is happy.

Dimwhit

Explorer
barsoomcore said:
Word on TextWrangler. Dimwhit, I summoun thee to add it to the initial post!

Yeah, yeah, I'm here! :)

Change made. TextWrangler is great. No need to worry about upgrading my BBEdit.

Of course, now I'm torn. Do I use TextWrangler or Smultron?

Kesh

First Post
Slight correction up there: both OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner are $39 apps by default, with Pro versions that cost $69 with more features.

Dimwhit

Explorer
Kesh said:
Slight correction up there: both OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner are $39 apps by default, with Pro versions that cost $69 with more features.
Done. Thanks for the clarification. I had a hard time tracking down one of the prices.

ThibledorfPwent

First Post
Hmm, i've been having some issues getting StatBlockPaster to work. There doesn't seem to be any actual widget file in the download, just a sit file that unstuffs into a folder. I've tried renaming both of those files with the wdgt extension and then putting it into the widgets folder, but that hasn't worked.

Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Remove ads