• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mad Kaiser Games Now Accepting Submissions

The Mad Kaiser

First Post
inkmonkeys said:
Yes, please. What sort of thing are you interested in publishing in the future?

I'm more interested in guaging your skills as writers right now. I know how difficult it can be to get into the business, and many talented amatures may have "flavor text" or other examples of RPG work ready, or at least they just need a little polish. If you would like to submit a work that compliments our current products, that is fine also, so long as you understand the terms of submission.

If your submission is acceptable, then you will likely be given a new subject to complete for those future products.

Thank-you for your interest!
AA Bieler
The Mad Kaiser

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The Mad Kaiser said:
If your submission is acceptable, then you will likely be given a new subject to complete for those future products.

So, IOW, you're not so much accepting submissions as you're searching for new talent?

CombatWombat51

First Post
Since a submission wouldn't be for a specific product with a deadline, how long should one expect to wait before getting a reply on a submission?

Rahkan

First Post
"All submissions become property of Mad Kaiser Games™ and will not be returned." is a quote from your submission guidelines. This makes no sense unless referring to the actual idea of the submission (since all the submissions are electronic and hence impossible to return). So the only way to read this is basically that I give you my submission and you decide whether or not to pay me or offer me more work but no matter what it belongs to you. That sounds like a crummy deal.

Cithindril

First Post
I would have to agree that this concerns me as well. Since the open-call is not for a specific assignment but is just to guage the talent of prospective authors, folks will likely want to submit their pet projects off the shelf. Since your guidelines state that anything sent in immediately becomes your property, you could conceivably publish it with no reimbursement to the writer. Further, if you decide not to publish the work the original author is still prohibited from ever trying to sell it again.

As a suggestion only, you might get a better response if you dropped that clause from your guidelines. Now if someone wrote for a specific Mad Kaiser assignment down the road I could better understand this stipulation.

Last edited:

Remove ads