• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mage: The Awakening PbP - Nemesis

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
He glances around, and assuming there are no ill effects continues, "-is a mage's or a cabal's main hangout, where they conduct most of their magical business."
Cleo shrugs, “So what do you think the Bell of Doom does,” she smirks at the moniker, “okay I got that, so once we decide where to stash the artifact are we just going to leave it alone for the rest of our natural lives? That seems like such a waste. Maybe we can figure it out what it does, it can’t be too difficult it’s just a bell.”

Shayuri

First Post
"You have a point...but there's safer things we can try before we just ring it," Thessaly says. "Spells we can try, and so on." She glances at Morrigan, then says, "Morrigan, we're gonna head downstairs...is everything alright?"

Festy_Dog

First Post
"From what little I gleaned from my mage sight I have a vague idea of what it may be capable of," Hal says.

He was hunched over the bell while carrying it, seemingly protecting it and wary of disturbing it at the same time.

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Starbuck’s voice is somewhat halted and confused, “Umm, Morrigan… uh… okay like don’t think this is weird but you called me last night right? Because alright, well this may sound crazy but l got this feeling I am missing a few days. And I am just wondering if you remember anything since the last time we talked, did we get in contact? I am totally freaking out here, I mean I lost two days, like I was sitting at my workstation and just bam… I could not remember anything except you calling me.”

"We seem to be missing the last two days as well," Morrigan states matter of facly, "But I don't think we should discuss this over the phone. Can you come by the store? Or should we drop by later today?" she holds her hand over the speaker as she replies to Thess, "Go on ahead, I'll be right down. It looks like Starbuck is missing time as well."

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
"We seem to be missing the last two days as well," Morrigan states matter of facly, "But I don't think we should discuss this over the phone. Can you come by the store? Or should we drop by later today?" she holds her hand over the speaker as she replies to Thess, "Go on ahead, I'll be right down. It looks like Starbuck is missing time as well."
"Frack... okay on my way over," Starbuck hangs up.

Tokiwong

First Post
The Sanctum

Nothing seems out of place, everything is as it should be, at least to Thessaly’s eyes. Cleopatra turns to Harlequin, “And what do you think this bell is capable of?”

Aenion

First Post
Piss! Morrigan curses to herself, she should have known Starbuck would be free to come over rightaway and she sure didn't want her to know about that bell yet even if she could help. She didn't trust Starbuck, well she didn't trust most people most of the time anyway so that wasn't really saying much.

She joins the others in the sanctum, "Starbuck is coming over here, she's missing two days as well, which makes me wonder if all Awakened in town might have been affected or possibly only those we had contact with. Either way whom- or whatever whiped our minds is bloody powerful."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Harlequin voices his theory on the way to the sanctum.

"What I saw, or felt rather, was that this bell was connected to nothing and everything at once. I theorise that through this bell it could be possible to establish artificial connections, or nullify existing connections, giving you a powerful advantage in regards to sympathetic magic. While I doubt I'm correct, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with sympathetic connections, or the manipulation thereof."

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly looks spooked at Morrigan's revelation, but seizes on Harlequin's analysis.

"Could that be it?" she demands. "I mean...if it's connected to everything, maybe that's how this was done! You make a spell to wipe away two days of memory...by itself that shouldn't be too hard...then you use the bell to establish sympathetic links to whoever you want. Then cast the spell through the bell."

She pales a little. "But if it's really connected to -everything- then you could use a spell to affect...jesus. Okay. Okay...hold on a second."

Thessaly goes to the little hidey-hole where the Eyes of Salt are, or were, and fishes around inside to see if that artifact is still there.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
Thessaly goes to the little hidey-hole where the Eyes of Salt are, or were, and fishes around inside to see if that artifact is still there.
The hidey hole opens easily for Thessaly and inside is the artifact still neatly wrapped up. Cymbeline crouches down to look, “Is that the Eyes of Salt?”

Remove ads