• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mage: The Awakening PbP - Nemesis

Shayuri

First Post
She nods, and reaches in to get the artifact out. "Yeah. I was half expecting it to be gone."

At the last moment, she hesitates, then stops...leaving the Eyes in the hidey hole.

"Wait...just everyone wait. This is too weird. How can I be sure I'm not the only one under a spell here? What if my...my perceptions are being altered, and I'm being manipulated into taking this out? How can I tell what's real and what's not?"

Aenion

First Post
Morrigan nods at Thess, "That's definitely a possibility. That would mean Gawain wiped our memories, but then why? If he wanted to help us investigate the Eyes of Salt, why erase all memory of the past two days afterwards? If we even studied them over the passed few days. Why leave such a powerful item like the bell behind?"

She frowns as Thess reveals the hiding place of the Eyes to them, "As much as I'd like to study them, I agree with you. I'm not sure I want Starbuck to know about the bell nor the Eyes yet," she looks at Hal at this, curious what the Guardian thinks on the matter, "In any case I'd like to ask the one person we can trust to give us an honest answer, but I'd like your permission first Thess. I'd like to summon Winnie, I have a feeling she's trying to tell us something and I want to know what it is."

Festy_Dog

First Post
The Guardian of the Veil set the 'Bell of Doom' down by Thessaly as she inspected the resting place of the Eyes.

"We should definitely keep our metaphorical cards close to our proverbial chests," Harlequin agreed with the Arrow's perspective, disgression was critical, "And Thess, if you're worried about being compelled to take them out, just don't. It would be better for us to conduct our activities when we felt secure rather than right in the wake of such a severe security compromise."

Taking a few moments to wander about the sanctum a little, Harlequin cast a critical eye over things using his mage sight.

Once satisfied he meandered over to something comfortable and plonked himself into it, "Tell me off if I've asked this before, but who's this Starbuck?

"And by the by, someone with a better eye than I for changes in the magical makeup of this sanctum should look around for potential problems. Don't want to have any gifts surprising us at inconveniant times."

Hal silently scolded himself for not making such checks as soon as he got into the sanctum, but later was better than never.

Last edited:

Aenion

First Post
"Starbuck would be the 'leader' of the local Free Council cabal, if you can call her a leader..." Morrigan states, a measure of contempt in her otherwise neutral voice, "We helped her out after she had a falling out with a member over Star Wars... It turned out he had come under the control of one of his inner demons."

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
"Starbuck would be the 'leader' of the local Free Council cabal, if you can call her a leader..." Morrigan states, a measure of contempt in her otherwise neutral voice, "We helped her out after she had a falling out with a member over Star Wars... It turned out he had come under the control of one of his inner demons."
"What the hell does Star Wars have to do with magic?" Cleo asks.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Harlequin goes to answer, but then realises he can't make any connections between the two either.

"What does magic have to do with Star Wars?" Hal asks, putting Cleo's question in reverse, "Is it a comparison between magic and the force?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Harlequin goes to answer, but then realises he can't make any connections between the two either.

"What does magic have to do with Star Wars?" Hal asks, putting Cleo's question in reverse, "Is it a comparison between magic and the force?"
Cleo smirks, “Well I guess, but Star Wars is stupid anyway, about as bad as like that Star Trek crap, probably worse. Well we can worry about her later, what are we going to do about his bell, I really don’t think telling anyone is a good idea.”

Festy_Dog

First Post
"But I like Star Wars..." Hal says quietly, in a mock-dejected way.

"Although, yeah, we should just put the bell in the bag with the eyes. Seeing as the bag does a decent job of concealing the eyes it's our best bet for the bell, at least until we can do some research."

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly nods and stows the bell away with the Eyes, moving it gently so as not to ring it.

"I met Starbuck...she seems okay. A little eccentric, but who isn't? Oh! I'd better go let her in."

She scrambles to her feet and hastily trots up to the store level to go to the front door and let Starbuck in.

Aenion

First Post
Morrigan shrugs at Hal and Cleo, "They were using Star Wars as a possible allegory of Awakening. A thorough waste of time in my opinion and definitely not worth fighting over."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads