Mage: The Awakening PbP - Preludes

Lichtenhart

First Post
Daniel takes a look at Asimov's car, checking for signs of recent use. Then, worried that Asimov could have put wards around his house, he concentrates again to open his third eye. If his supernal vision doesn't warn him of any danger, he knocks softly on the door.

Eye of the Magus rote. 8 dice.

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly takes the scene in, watches the other two more experienced mages for a hint of what to do. Magic, of course, but which spell? Well, they were looking for a person, so...

She closes her eyes and attunes herself to subtler senses. At first she is aware of only herself. then she can see delicate lines radiating from the point of light she's become. These lines connect her to other points of light, which are in turn connected to still more. Looking at the Tapestry, or the Green, too long still made Thessalt dizzy, but she'd managed to make it come up at least. Concentrating on this vision; this map of the intricate web of life, she searches for a hint of Asimov's presence.

(Using Sense Life, not a rote. 5 dice. No mana as I understand it, cuz it uses one of my favored arcanum. Keyed to search for human life only.)

Tokiwong

First Post
Thessaly rolls 2 successes on the Sense Life spell, she can detect human beings in her vicinity out to 2 yards creating a safety net zone so no living thing can sneak up on her. This improvised spell costs no mana.

Thessaly opens her senses to the pulse of life, she can sense the life force of her companions, and that of Asimov, or at least another living breathing human being in the home.

Daniel rolls 5 successes on 8 dice for his rote, an exceptional success!

Daniel invokes the practiced motions and enacts the spell Eye of the Magus. The tough of the supernal is keenly obvious to the Obrimos. He can feel like a tingle across his skin the weight of magic that pulses in the area. The home is saturated with the aftertaste of Mind magic. But the door is not warded in any way that Daniel can see.

The sedan does not look like it has seen use, at least not any obvious use.

Morrigan gets 1 success on her Grim Sight spell.

Morrigan adapts her senses to that of the dead. The world takes on a pale pallor to her eyes, and the inevitability of death tinges everything she sees. The home itself is not attuned to any great amount of death, it seems to be relatively normal from what she can see.

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
Daniel looks at Thessaly and Morrigan asking for their approval, then knocks a little louder on the door. If after two or three times no one answers, he rings the bell.

Tokiwong

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Daniel looks at Thessaly and Morrigan asking for their approval, then knocks a little louder on the door. If after two or three times no one answers, he rings the bell.
A long moment passes, before the door slides open slowly. Asimov appears at the door. He is tall, with a growing bald spot on the top of his head, and dark hair around the sides. He has a growing beard and his eyes are bloodshot.

He looks warily at the gathered mages. He speaks coarsely, “What do you want?” The man smells of body odor and sweat, wearing loose jeans. Daniel sees an after image of supernal energy following his movements. Morrigan can see the weight and brushes with death that nestle on this man’s soul.

He grunts, “I don’t have time for this… get off my property… I have work to do.”

Shayuri

First Post
"Uh...hi," Thessaly volunteers. "I'm Thessaly. This is Daniel and Morrigan. We're friends of Starbuck's. She's really worried about you, and asked us to make sure you're okay. Sorry if we interrupted anything important."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Uh...hi," Thessaly volunteers. "I'm Thessaly. This is Daniel and Morrigan. We're friends of Starbuck's. She's really worried about you, and asked us to make sure you're okay. Sorry if we interrupted anything important."
His eyes narrow, “Starbuck,” and groans, “you can tell her I am not coming back to the cabal. I don’t need her, I don’t need them… they can all go to hell! I bet you work for them… you came here to punish me. You are afraid that I will complete my work. You are all the same, you fear that which you do not understand.”

He glares, “I won’t quit my work… I am too close now. I am too close to understanding! I bet you came here to steal my work… just like everyone else. They think they are too good for me, but they will see and even Starbuck will see, and she will regret ever resisting me!”

Lichtenhart

First Post
Daniel frowns. This isn't the Asimov he met some times at the observatory, and there was that distinct feeling of Mind magic... He looks at him closely, trying to understand if Asimov is under some kind of curse, or the influence of another mage. If he finds that it is the case, he touches his pendant with a hand, infusing the other with Prime magic, and tears with decision at the threads that surround Asimov.

I'm not sure how an existing spell is identified. I hope Supernal Vision can do the trick. If I get the feeling he's under a Mind spell that I could tell he didn't cast on himself, I'll try to dispel it, as per the improvised spell Dispel Magic. That's 4 dice, and 1 mana point, but I'd like to spend a willpower point on it too.

Remove ads