Magic Item Compendium - March 07

Knight Otu

First Post
On Amazon.ca.

Other March 07 titles, which I'm pretty sure are all novels:

The Great White Wyrm: Champions, Volume Four
by Peter Archer (Author) (Mass Market Paperback - March 13, 2007)

Forge of the Mindslayers: the Blade of the Flame, Book 2
by Tim Waggoner (Author) (Mass Market Paperback - March 13, 2007)

Passage to Dawn: the Legend of Drizzt, Book X
by R.a. Salvatore (Author) (Hardcover - March 13, 2007)

Depths of Madness: the Dungeons
by Erik Scott Debie (Author) (Mass Market Paperback - March 13, 2007)

To Sleep With Evil
by Andria Cardarelle Hayday (Author) (Paperback - March 13, 2007)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Hrm. I wonder if Magic Item Compendium is going to take a small amount of all existing Magical Items from various sources and expand each item to be like the new item stat block. Before, I would have said 'Woohoo!', but I'm not quite sure I can do that atm because expanded, it would leave out SO MANY magical items that it couldn't even call itself a Compendium anymore...

Graf

Explorer
Dog Moon said:
Hrm. I wonder if Magic Item Compendium is going to take a small amount of all existing Magical Items from various sources and expand each item to be like the new item stat block. Before, I would have said 'Woohoo!', but I'm not quite sure I can do that atm because expanded, it would leave out SO MANY magical items that it couldn't even call itself a Compendium anymore...
Or, more likely, it will just be a magical item compendium.
Like the Spell Compendium.

I would welcome magic items with a bit more description, flavor text or (especially) history. But the smart money is on a straight reprint.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I think a Magic Item Compendium is less useful. Though, I was hoping that Weapons of Legacy would have been just a bunch of new weapons with lots of color.

Glyfair

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
I think a Magic Item Compendium is less useful. Though, I was hoping that Weapons of Legacy would have been just a bunch of new weapons with lots of color.

I don't know, I'd be first in line for a 3.5 edition of the Encyclopedia Magica. If they adapt everything to 3.5 they might even be able to fit it in the same 4 volumes, since they'd cut down a lot of the duplication and some items can be short-cutted (it's a holy, outsider bane longsword). The development time would be HUGE though.

Remove ads