Magic Item Compendium - March 07

KB9JMQ

First Post
MonkeyDragon said:
...ONE book I can go through for all my magic item needs? I'm sold!

A feat compendium would be even more useful.

My thoughts exactly.
It would be great if a MC would expand a little bit for flavor/history at least for major items.

A Feat Compendium is a must have especially if it has several indices listing them in various catagories.

delericho

Legend
MonkeyDragon said:
...ONE book I can go through for all my magic item needs? I'm sold!

A feat compendium would be even more useful.

Yep, I agree. I'll definately be picking up the Magic Item Compendium, and would definately pick up a Feat Compendium.

Could be useful. I'd like to see some consolodated and updated creation rules with that more than anything else.

To Sleep With Evil is an older Ravenloft book, and one that was very poorly received if memory serves. I cant remember if its the one where Azalin has sex! with a werepanther!! or not, but that one sucked too.

If they wanted to kick off a Ravenloft revival by reprinting some of the books, I'm not sure why they didnt go with the decent ones (Carnival of Fear, Enemy Within, Heart of Midnight).

Arnwyn

First Post
Magic Item Compendium? Woo! Now that's something I can get behind.

As a DM, this is what I've been hoping for. (The Spell Compendium, and a theoretical 'feat compendium', would both get a pass from me.)

buzz

Adventurer
I'm very glad to see WotC going the "Compendium" route. Every one of these is a potential "evergeen" title. E.g., I've noticed that Spell Compendium has been sitting in the Amazon.com Gaming top 10 pretty much since its release.

A Feat Compendium... that would be gold. Platinum, even. One friend of mine yearns for it so that he's compiled his own (and, no, I will not send it to you).

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
ehren37 said:
To Sleep With Evil is an older Ravenloft book, and one that was very poorly received if memory serves. I cant remember if its the one where Azalin has sex! with a werepanther!! or not, but that one sucked too.

Actually, To Sleep with Evil was very well-received, and Azalin doesn't show up at all. You're thinking of Tower of Doom.

If they wanted to kick off a Ravenloft revival by reprinting some of the books, I'm not sure why they didnt go with the decent ones (Carnival of Fear, Enemy Within, Heart of Midnight).

Death of a Darklord probably is being rereleased to build off Laurell K. Hamilton's popularity. After that comes Vampire of the Mists, which is arguably the best of the lot, and I, Strahd, which a lot of people liked.

Matthew L. Martin

Remove ads