• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Item Creator

Troll Wizard

First Post
Grimgoth said:
Awesome sheet. One thing I noticed is that when you create a wonderous item, you don't allow for multiple stats on the same item. One of our players came up with the "Headband of Clear Thought". +6 WIS/INT. The first +6 costs normal price and the 2nd stat is 1.5 cost. Is there any way to make it possible to add multiple stats on the same item into the sheet?

Thanks in advance.

Not right now, though its not that hard - just time consuming. Also I was trying to keep the sheet from getting too large by adding too many options. Though I believe I have an idea to add more options without making the sheet too large - it would require a bit of rewrite though...(more time)

I expect that people want to keep the whole sheet within the monitor viewing area and not have to scroll up/down left/right to see the affects of selection made to the cost and price cells.

Anyway I will try to add it in within the next few weeks.

Troll Wizard

First Post
Magic Item Creation Spreadsheet v9 uploaded

Update August 26, 2005
Well it’s been a while since I worked on this but I finally managed to get motivated to get something edited and revised.

All the edits/revisions/changes are in the wondrous item creator sheet.
Instead of one save, one AC, and one ability enhancement option now you can select up to 4 buffs from a long list of options in any kind of combination you wish
Instead of 2 skills now you can select up to 4 skills
I tweaked the custom ability creator a bit, not perfect - it really needs some more flexibility and definitely some kind of explanation in its proper use.

There is definitely room for improvement, but for the simple stuff it should work fine. Eventually I want to be able to pull in a magical sword (or armor) into the wondrous item and place secondary magical abilities on top of any existing +# enhancements... perhaps for the next version.
For the next version I believe I will "try" to finish creating a page where users can add their own special buffs, which automatically show up in the list of options. I did attempt it within this version but unless you are familiar with Excel spreadsheets you can mess up the vlookup commands and therefore the equations.

Anyway enjoy, feedback is always welcomed and appreciated.

See first post to d/l file.

tuneless bard

First Post
Arent Items that are in a non-typical format supposed to cost more?
I seem to recall reading that somewhere...because the magic is harder to store in that format...50% more i think...

So a helm of dex would cost 6000 gp...instead of 4000 gp

mostly because they are put in those formats for balancing reasons...
(and i think mostly for monks)
cant have amulet of health, periept of wisdom, amulet of natural armor, and amulet of mighty fists on at the same time...

Troll Wizard

First Post
tuneless bard said:
Arent Items that are in a non-typical format supposed to cost more?
I seem to recall reading that somewhere...because the magic is harder to store in that format...50% more i think...

So a helm of dex would cost 6000 gp...instead of 4000 gp

mostly because they are put in those formats for balancing reasons...
(and i think mostly for monks)
cant have amulet of health, periept of wisdom, amulet of natural armor, and amulet of mighty fists on at the same time...

Body/slot affinity modifier to the price is in there, once you select the item (robe, belt, etc.), choose the ability and select under the affinity column "yes' or "no" if it has affinity with the slot you have chosen. If "no" the price increases by x1.5 of base price.
You still have to be knowledgeable with the rule set, the spreadsheet just does the math for you.

Kirin'Tor

First Post
Troll Wizard: I love your creator, and made some personal modification to the first 4 sheets (up through staves) that allow for input of special multipliers and add/subtractors to the final totals. They are very handy for the Eberron crafter who gets various discounts (uusally percentage) on each thing.

If you don't want to incorporate my changes, feel free not to, but it would be very much appreciated - esp. if you could incorporate similar fields into the weapon/armor/wondrous pages! I jsut didn't have the skill to fit them there (also, if you do like the idea, but hate my implementation, feel free to trash it and do your own version- mien was doen for quick personal use & isn't very clean)

My modified version is attached below, for anyone who needs those fields,..

Attachments

• Troll Wizard's Magic Item Creation Spreadsheet_v9 (Modified by KirinTor).xls
    210.5 KB · Views: 195

Troll Wizard

First Post
Kirin'Tor said:
Troll Wizard: I love your creator, and made some personal modification to the first 4 sheets (up through staves) that allow for input of special multipliers and add/subtractors to the final totals. They are very handy for the Eberron crafter who gets various discounts (uusally percentage) on each thing.

If you don't want to incorporate my changes, feel free not to, but it would be very much appreciated - esp. if you could incorporate similar fields into the weapon/armor/wondrous pages! I jsut didn't have the skill to fit them there (also, if you do like the idea, but hate my implementation, feel free to trash it and do your own version- mien was doen for quick personal use & isn't very clean)

My modified version is attached below, for anyone who needs those fields,..

Sorry to respond so late, I have never had the chance to play an Eberron campaign and don't know the specific details with the discounts the Eberron crafters receive. I do have the Eberron campaign book somewhere (I read some of the fluff last year). I will have to dig it out and review it to see how I can implement those discounts, though I make no promises as to when and if...

Kirin'Tor

First Post
Not a problem! Basically, some feats in Eberron (and other books) grant percentage based discounts to the various stages of creation (XP, Time, Creation GP)...The book itself really doesn't give any additional detail, and the little tweaks I made go right along with it. You could just model any updates to the "real" sheet off of my quick and dirty one..

in effect, I just added 2 "% Modifier Fields" to each of the three stages listed above. All the % Discounts are "modifiers" to the "effective base price" of the item. (IE "You treat the base price as 25% lower when calcualting XP costs.). My additions are kind of kludgy, but the get the point across :)

Sirgeshko

First Post
It appears the link to the creator is broken; My browser loads up a file called "clear.gif".
Appropriately, its a blank GIF file!

I am very interested in the creator, as I like to make new magic items and hate doing the calculations!

EDIT: Nevermind, only the attachment at the top is blank. I got it! ^_^

Remove ads