D&D 5E Magic Missile. Better as a cantrip?

Yunru

Banned
Banned
That does seem a better idea than rolling a d4. The thing I really don't like about d4s is that they don't really roll, instead just kind of plonking onto the table.

I have found some d8s online that are numbered 1 to 4 twice. I can see me accidentally rolling them when I'm meant to roll a proper d8.

Sent from my SM-G925I using EN World mobile app
I saw a picture of some really nice d4s that were actually d12s. They were tall and crystalline in shape, and the four long sides were labeled 1 through 4. Could never find them for sale though.

TallIan

Explorer
I think you're overvaluing the Concentration thing. Monstrous casters are fairly rare. And even if that was a bigger thing, you'll never force a DC higher than 10 with cantrip-MM, so they'll pretty much always have a better than 50% chance of succeeding.

50% chance every round is a lot better than 60% to hit x 50% concentration check.

Maybe it's just my experience but bad guy casters come up often enough to make me worry about the auto hit more than the damage.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I saw a picture of some really nice d4s that were actually d12s. They were tall and crystalline in shape, and the four long sides were labeled 1 through 4. Could never find them for sale though.
I may have seen something like them last night while searching for dice options online. I found d8s and d12s as well as some oddly shaped d4s. Couldn't quite see the full shape just from the imagesection but they looked similar to how you described.

All this time and I've had no idea we've had so many d4 replacements.

Sent from my SM-G925I using EN World mobile app

Remove ads