• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic of incarnum ir Epic Level Handbook

Magic of Incarnum vs. Epic Level Handbook

• Magic of incarnum

Votes: 72 50.7%
  • Epic Level Handbook

Votes: 70 49.3%

D.Shaffer

First Post
Magic of Incarnum for me.
I love me some Totemists. Although, I think the other classes could use a bit of work to make them more distinctive.

Crothian

First Post
ELH: dispite its many flaws it is useful for everyone once you reach 21st level. MoI just a few quirky ideas that some people take to but doesn't expand on the whole game like ELH.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
There are monsters in the ELH that I suspect will end up being part of every future edition of D&D, like the Worm that Walks and the Abominations.

Heck, if you play through one of the adventure paths from Paizo, you come face to face with one of these in a climactic moment, suggesting that classic status may already be on the way.

zimdanen

First Post
ELH. I don't like veering too entirely far from core, and Incarnum certainly is far. I've never had an epic level character, but I've been in love with the concept of starting at level 1 and moving to extreme powers at a steady and reasonable pace - fully developing a character. As such, I'd love to have the chance to use the ELH.

Stone Dog

Adventurer
Crothian said:
ELH: dispite its many flaws it is useful for everyone once you reach 21st level. MoI just a few quirky ideas that some people take to but doesn't expand on the whole game like ELH.
I would never use the ELH for anything, personally. EVER. 21st level easily has better options out there than that book.

MoI for me, please.

Lord Rasputin

Explorer
Epic. Incarnum really should have been a section in Tome of Magic, and frankly, D&D needs another cap system like it needs a return to damage by foe size for weapons. Epic plays like D&D-flavored superheroes, which is a nice change-of-pace. I hate superheroes normally, but epic D&D is always fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads