D&D 4E making a witch in 4e

pukunui

Legend
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Yes, Borrowing... a power that's definitely missing (but probably under-powered for D&D, considering what Granny can "borrow" - only animals, and occassionaly a swarm) ;)
Well ... it can always be powered up for d&d. Besides, maybe "animals only" was just the path Granny chose. There could be other borrowing powers that she just doesn't have.

Generally, I think the Warlock is a good fit for my mental image of a Witch. If I remember correctly, eventually, the Warlock can have two pacts. So, most Witches probably begin with a Fey pact, but the evil ones will eventually go for a pact with the Devil, the wise ones for a pact with the Stars. Witches with a Devil pact will be the reason why zealous fanatics might want to hunt down all Witches and want to see them burn. The Star pact ones are usually reacting by retreating to remote areas, where only people requiring their wisdom will search for them...
That sounds interesting.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but aren't witch and warlock just the female and male names for the same thing?

Remove ads