• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Making monsters into PCs with PCGen

MidKnight

First Post
First I would like to say that I really enjoy having PCGen - it has been a god-send for my group.

But recently we decided to do a few short sessions (in order to take a break from tRttToEE) and I wanted to run a Game of Death style session. As a twist, I opened up the gladiator races to include all the creatures in the MM (up to CR5).

I received the first of the proposed characters back today and noticed a few things were missing from the character. I'm still fairly new to the concept of using creatures as character base as opposed to the standard races so maybe I'm missing something here. But I think it may be a glitch in the PCGen program...

The creature (according to the MM) has mulitple feats before the 10,000 XP adjustment. But they don't show up. And the spell resistance doesn't show up. The extra feats that the creature picked up through class advancement are there, just not the base creature stuff. Is this really correct?

Last edited:

Mynex

First Post
MidKnight said:
First I would like to say that I really enjoy having PCGen - it has been a god-send for my group.

But recently we decided to do a few short sessions (in order to take a break from tRttToEE) and I wanted to run a Game of Death style session. As a twist, I opened up the gladiator races to include all the creatures in the MM (up to CR5).

I received the first of the proposed characters back today and noticed a few things were missing from the character. I'm still fairly new to the concept of using creatures as character base as opposed to the standard races so maybe I'm missing something here. But I think it may be a glitch in the PCGen program...

The creature (according to the MM) has mulitple feats before the 10,000 XP adjustment. But they don't show up. And the spell resistance doesn't show up. The extra feats that the creature picked up through class advancement are there, just not the base creature stuff. Is this really correct?

Depends on how the characters are made... if you are using default monster, then all that will come up.. if you are making a monster and adding a class to it, then things will be different... here's the 'definitive' post for how ECL and such is viewed/used in PCGen...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/message/39722

Remove ads