Malice of the Medusa (pt-1) [Manzanita judging]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Amik smiles and holds out the cup to be takin' from him. He looks to the quiet members of the party studying them each but a moment. "You are all here but did not come together," he says not really asking a question. "If you wish for one person to speak for you as a group this may go quite easily and quickly."

"The job is easy enough we wish for you to locate a man for us and bring back some information he posses or better that you could bring him to us alive." Amik studies the reactions of each of the four men standing before him.

[sblock=ooc] Could I get a reaction from he four men please :) or a couple questions to make sure everyone is here and up to date. [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
"What has this man done that he must be retrieved by a group such as ourselves, rather than your own employees?" The boy asked, looking about curiously.

[sblock=OOC] I'm here, just got a bit confused on the four coins and whether or not it was just we four, or if there were more men in the room besides the 'party'.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

"Just tell us, what you think is important. Maybe this will be all. Maybe this will lead to further questions. But now, I don't even know what to ask." Midias explains calmly.

[sblock=OOC]
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 10/10, F +4,R+1,W+4
0 Level: Detect Magic, Light, Resistance
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command
[/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
At Amik's pronouncement, Reis' wandering gaze turns abruptly back to the dias and his mouth twists into a slight frown. He is clearly troubled by the request. His eyes, also, contain a hint of mistrust, but he says nothing, waiting for an answer to his companions' questions.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Dane keeps his place, and his words to himself, curious to see the questions posed, answered. He's not sure that this is the kind of mission he should be involved in.

[sblock=ooc]HolyMan, when did it become just the four of us? Earlier you indicated there were others there looking to get the job.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc] What i wrote in the first post was to each of you seperately (each of you setting out alone) and when I wrote in the last sentence the room starts to fill with others looking into the DTC job I meant the other three players. Sorry. And they had you wait so they knew how many sacks of money to put in the coffer. [/sblock]

"A good question and you need not worry we wish Aedan Kharsus no harm," he says noticing the troubled looks. "Let me see maybe the best is to start at the beginning and then tell you what it is DTC needs of you."

Shifting into a more comfortable postion the large man looks to be thinking hard as where to start. "Some years ago when trying to find new routes through the Great Desert we unknownly traveled through the domain of Ssedenka, The Lady Medusa. A veil and evil creature who leads a cult of demon worpishers, mutants, and even has a band of desert warrior followers. We tried everything to negotiate an agreement with her." Amik shudders as he remembers something, then continues. "Later we used divine magic to find a solution to are problem, and we discovered that an item a magical staff could help us to defeat the creature. So we spent alot of resources and man-power in it's location and retrieval."

He pauses and has the cup put in his hand again. Wetting his throat with a long drink Amik hands the empty cup back to his servant, the thin man wipes sweat from his forehead as he takes the cup away. "Aedan was a part of the group who found the location of the staff and is the only member of it left who can tell us where it is located. But and this is where you gentlemen come in, he is at the moment lost or in hiding for his life at a hospice not half a day away from the city. We need you good sirs to go to the hospice and retrieve Aedan or at the least the knowledge he has. We know he has not left so it should be easy enough." Amik smiles, "Well worth the reward we are offering, yes?"

[sblock=Sense Motive DC0] You all know that Amik isn't telling you everything but you also feel that he isn't lying either. [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Very well," Firebuilder says taking a step forward. "I agree to find the location of the staff. Which hospice?"

And as he asks the question he moves before the group and pulls his pouch from the coffer. Better to take my pouch now, in case this job turns sour before we are through.

Theroc

First Post
"Very well, I accept." Viktor replied, reaching to take his upfront payment with one hand, the other holding his guisarme still. "Any additional information you can provide would be very helpful, of course."

Errandir

First Post
Reis nods his agreement with the terms and steps forward to take a pouch of gold, but does not yet stow it in his pack. He regards Amik with a flat gaze.

"Very well, I accept. But I would like to know why this man is "hiding for his life", as you say, since I imagine that could complicate matters for us considerably. If it were simply a question of contacting him, it would be unnecessary for you to hire adventurers, no?"

Reis gives a habitual shrug and leans back against the wall.

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

"From whom he is hiding? Did you threatened his life? Or do you hire us to retrieve him and the information to protect him?" Midias asks, stepping closer.

[sblock=OOC]
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 10/10, F +4,R+1,W+4
0 Level: Detect Magic, Light, Resistance
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command
[/sblock]

Remove ads