Malvoisin's Council of Thieves, Act I - The Bastards of Erebus [IC]

Mal, we've kept this thing alive for a couple of months now by bumping it every so often. If you aren't returning to it, would you please let us know so we can stop bumping? No hard feelings, we'd just like to know.

RathStrom

First Post
round15.png

COMBAT

Initiative Order, Round 1
24: Marcus
20: Rolf
18: Morosino
17: Thorn
15: Quinne
15: Hellknight Armigers (HK)
12: Carafir
12: Mero
10: Janiven
9: Slip

Marcus – action ready (attack any who get close enough to be attacked)

Rolf – Delayed to the end of the round (no action given)

Morosino – At first sight of the Hellknight Armigers Morosino takes off down the tunnel to the east.

Thorn - Delayed to the end of the round (no action given)

Quinne – maneuvers between her allies and attacks the first Hellknight armigers (rolled 13+4=17 Dmg 2+3+4=9) Quinne’s spike chain rips deep in to the neck of the armiger, as he grabs his throat he falls over in to the sewage face first and does not move.

Hellknights – HK 2 moves forward with his sword in hand and launches an attack on Quinne. She sees the attack coming and is able to duck just in time as the longsword whips over her head and strikes the wall creating a spark.

HK 3 fires a crossbow bolt over Quinne’s head; the bolt hits the top of the sewer and falls into the liquid below.

HK 4 draws it sword and stands ready

HK 5 loads his crossbow and waits for a clear shot

Carafir - Delayed to the end of the round (no action given)

Mero – makes his way to the makeshift bridge. Mero begins to move his hands in an odd way and mumbles something. His hands begin to shake and a blast of bright colored lights erupts from his palms and shines down the sewer tunnel the Hellknights are standing in.

Need a Will save from Quinne

HK 2 & 3 both try and cover their eyes to ease the pain of the bright lights and quickly slump over and drop to the ground. HK 3 falls on the dry ledge and HK 2 falls into the sewage face down.

Janiven – moves around the corner to the east and stands ready with her spear. She yells down the east tunnel “Keep running Morosino! You know what to do!”

Slip – Delayed to the end of the round (no action given)

New order:
Marcus
Quinne
Hellknights
Mero
Janiven
Rolf
Thorn
Carafir
Slip

Need first round actions for Rolf, Thorn, Carafir, and Slip. The rest of you go ahead and start round 2 actions

OOC DM: This is going to take me a little while to get rolling, please bear with me. This is my first time DMing a play by post game so any suggestions are welcome. My maps will get better as well, just in a hurry this time.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Slip fumes in frustration at her comrades who are blocking her way to the fight. She looks down at the sewage channel - life on the streets had long ago erased any trace of squemishness - but quickly decides that the disadvantage of fighting in chest deep water would outweigh any contribution she could make to the fight, and tall as Carafir is he'd still be in over his head.

"Move it, fellas . . . the fight's up there! Mero, Quinne, clear the intersection and draw 'em up a little so we can get at them from three sides!"

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
for the next round:
Marcus sees the battle could get nasty, so he moves up 10 feet while sheathing his rapier and pulling out his short bow and nocking an arrow.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Having expended his most effective spell to disorient the group, Mero retreats back along the ledge past Janiven to the east. Once clear, he quickly goes over his options and draws upon his energies to cast another spell. Focusing his mind, he directs his power to manifest to the rear of the group of soldiers.
A deep growl of a massive bull alligator echoes through the tunnel directly behind the two soldiers in the river of sludge. It is followed by a splash...

OOC: Casting Ghost Sound, Will DC13, just behind the group of soldiers.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Rolf presses forward, heading toward the intersection, intent on reaching the southern end of the wooden crossover. He grips his crowbar tightly in one hand.

[sblock=OOC]
I'm going to be rather busy the rest of this week. I lost the RG thread. I'm not sure if I ever figured out what spells Rolf has prepared.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Blasted..." Thorn mutters vengefully at the sound of combat ahead. She runs nimbly forward to the intersection next to Mero, swinging her crossbow up and around into her arms as she goes. With a quick, practiced movement she brings the stock to her shoulder, sights down the shaft, and pulls the trigger!

The pale-skinned young woman grins ferally at what looks to be a perfect shot in the making!

Crossbow attack on HK3: 22 (a 19 and critical threat!)
Damage: 8
Roll Lookup
Crit Confirmation: 14
Crit damage 4
Roll Lookup

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]So Rolf's moved through to just the north side of the intersection, Mero's just east (or just west) of Janiven, Marcus and Thorn are in the intersection . . .[/sblock]

As the way is cleared ahead Slip darts forward, Carafir at her heels. Seeing an opening, the diminutive elf leaps nimbly across the channel of raw sewage to land on the corner opposite the Lady Quinne.

As she reaches the island she gestures at Mero and shouts "Carafir, guard!" The huge dog moves obediently toward the gnome and sets himself between his new ward and the Hellknights.

[sblock=Actions]Move to the isolated block of dry ledge on the SE corner of the intersection (Acrobatics Check to jump the channel is linked above).
Move action to command Carafir to guard Mero (Handle Animal check is linked above).
Total defense this round if HKs attack her.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 10/10     AC: 16   AC(T): 13   AC(FF): 13
 Init: +03    ST(F):+02   ST(R):+05    ST(W):+01

BAB: 01       CMB: 02     CMD: 15

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Falcata                 +2        1d8+1       19-20/x3     +1 D when Flanking
Kukri                   +2        1d4         18-20/x2     +1 D when Flanking
Axe (Throwing)          +2 (+4)   1d6+1          20/x2     Range: 10'
Dagger (Thrown)         +2 (+4)   1d4+1          20/x2     Range: 10'
[/sblock]