Malvoisin's Council of Thieves, Act I - The Bastards of Erebus [IC]

Unaccustomed to the sewers, Quinne quickly regrets the two cups of ale she had for supper on an empy stomach and soon wretches into the sewer channel. Recovered well enough to bring up the rear of the group and hand Mero back to the walkway once when the gnome stumbles in front of her, Quinne covers her mouth with a spare hand at the intersection while the group pauses to find the way. Finding that covering her mouth does nothing to ward off the overwhelming stench and taste of sewage, Quinne leaves off trying to protect her nose and speaks up from the rear. "To the left, then? And double back if there's no sign at the next intersection. Good idea." On edge and not liking her present circumstances, Quinne casts repeated looks over her shoulder to hunt for pursuers.

[sblock=OOC]Perception +0. Anyone or anything following us from the rear?[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
*squelch* *squelch* *squelch*

Mero's left foot continued to make a rather unpleasent noise as they explored the sewer system. The sound was not nearly as unpleasent as the warm, damp sensation that he could feel in his boot. True to her word, Quinne had kept him from slipping farther than he did. Over and over he told himself, "It could be worse" but at the same time the back of his mind was shrieking in horror at the thought of what has seeped in over the tops of his boot and was even now swirling around his toes.

The others seem more adept at navigating the twisting passageways, so he goes along silently with their plan of scouting and doubling back. It was better than his idea of splitting up.

I will burn these boots he vows to himself.

*squelch*

He shudders. Possibly that foot as well.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
the reak of the sewers is almost more then he can handle, if not for the fact that we was born to a fatherless home. it was the lack of a paprental unit the got him the most trouble, as the street bullies would beat him and toss him into the streetlevel of the sewage, and not wanting to remember fgurther he proceds on with out comment outwordly, but he thinks to himslelf that he was going t o burn his clothing as soon as finacialy possible.

Malvoisin

First Post
[sblock=Quinne, Perception Check]
Quinne cannot detect any sign of pursuit from behind.[/sblock]

Thorn shakes her head.

"We're not lost. There's only three ways to go here. We'll pick one and follow it to the next intersection, then look for a mark. If we don't find one, we'll double back here and try the next. Then we'll do it again if we have to. Keep your head on, or we WILL be lost."

Janiven takes a deep breath. "You're right, of course, and curse me for nearly losing my head like a witless ninny. I was right to invite you, that's for sure."

With a sensible plan being presented, the party members steel themselves to turn left and press on further into the sewers. At that moment, from that very direction, the glow of one or more torches comes into view. Rough voices can be heard muttering, "...these forsaken sewers, that's for sure! Still, it will all be worth it if we catch them. Then we won't be armigers anymore, they'll have to promote us!" There is a muttering of assent from several other voices, then a quick shout. "What's that up ahead? It's them!"

In the flickering light, five men armored in 'plates' of boiled leather with chainmail reinforcments can be seen approaching along the tunnel. They are hellknight armigers, new recruits into the Order of the Rack. Eager to prove themselves, they rush forward, longswords and crossbows at the ready!

COMBAT

Initiative Order, Round 1
24: Marcus
20: Rolf
18: Morosino
17: Thorn
15: Quinne
15: Armigers
12: Carafir
12: Mero
10: Janiven
9: Slip

sewerencounter1round1.jpg

OOC: I have to say that I hate the way this map came out, but let's try to roll with it. I'll make all combat rolls, but if you could post combat modifiers and damage dice, that would be a helpful reminder.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
being that he is third in line he has the oppertunity to have a moment to react. he redies himself for a confrontation, remembering the bullies from his younger days and was bristling with anticipation at the first view of the light and sounds of voices. His rapier swishes out is held in a mock salute (redy and action: attack any who get close enough to be attacked ) and he stabs at the first in the line to arrive close enough to him :
rapier attack: +5 Damage 1d6 crit: 18-20/X2 Weapon Type : P

A/c: 16; touch and ff: 13 HP: 11/11

OOC: question: can you ready an action that includes an attack after a 5' step?

Last edited:

Quinne quickly pushes Mero backward to safety then manuevers between allies until she is within ten feet of the nearest Armiger. With a look on her face bordering on rage, Quinne lashes forward with her spiked chain, hoping to throttle (or at least wound) the nearest Armiger.

[sblock=OOC]Quinne will try to get within 10 feet of the nearest foe, but if no squares are available by her turn on init, Quinne's willing to go as close as 5 feet to the nearest foe (per adjacency for the spiked chain, she should still be able to attack). 30' movement. Spiked Chain +4 2d4+4 20/x2 Reach weapon, can be used vs. adjacent foes. AC 16. [/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Mero's breath leaves him in a whoosh as Quinne presses him back against the wall and moves past to engage the Hellknights. Her strength is surprising. he thinks to himself and considers the battle. His options are limited in these tight confines. With his allies in the way and the battle on, his primary spells are less useful. Straightening, he half mutters a prayer to the Eternal Rose, and surges forward. Scurrying past and between the legs of his larger companions, he moves into position.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
I'm a bit down on the initiative order, so here is what I want to try. If the square north of Morosino is still unoccupied on his turn he will move to there then cast Color Spray down the tunnel. DC 15 Will save.
If that one is take he will try to jump across the slime river to the square across from Janiven and try to cast from there. Dex +2 for the jump.
If that is taken, I will move to the squares behind Morosino and wait till next round 'cause that will probably be beyond his movement rate.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads