Malvoisin's Council of Thieves, Act I - The Bastards of Erebus [IC]

Malvoisin

First Post
"I've got this, now get going!" Janiven calls to Marcus, Quinne, and any other laggards as she shoves the table from the middle of the taproom up against the front door.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Slip

True to her name, Slip kneels quickly at the trap door and slithers through. Once on the other side she looks around quickly, then stands with falcata ready as her new friends make their way through.

Shayuri

First Post
Fuming...Janiven had obviously known about the trapdoor, why hadn't she SAID anything?!...Thorn runs to the trap door and waits for Slip to vanish out of sight before following her into the dark.

Quinne hustles out from the entryway in order to let Janivan push the table in front of the door, then quickly darts to the trap door behind the bar. While waiting for everyone else to jump through into the basement, Quinne sheaths her greatsword then quickly lowers herself into the hole, mentally preparing for a fall of unknown height.

[sblock=OOC]Hoping to be last through. If Janivan won't come too, Quinne will try to pull the trap door closed behind herself when she lowers herself down.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Mero does not hesitate at the sight of the trapdoor, after all many of his brethren made their homes below the ground. He jumps down feet first, one hand clutching his floppy hat and the other one holding his walking stick. Belatedly, he realizes that the others below him might not have time to clear the landing yet...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
" a trap door at the bottom of a cub-"

Marcus jups through

"berd, how clever"
most of his equipment is at home, but sunrods are for just incase he is is in an emergency...
Marcus finds a sunron on his perosn and smaks the head on the wall. the comforting glow reaveals a much relieved expression as the glow expands out into the darkness.

"Incaase of emergency ignight stick. Let's get going."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Rolf

Rolf, who had quietly been observing and studying events, breaks his silence.

"Let's move quickly. They won't wait long. I shall bring up the rear."

OOC: Again, sorry for the nonactivity. The 10-hour temp database job turned into a bit more than 20 hours and then, starting tomorrow, turns into an actual temp to hire position. So, for at least a month, I'm not unemployed, I've got good hours, and sufficient pay. Huzzah!

Malvoisin

First Post
HellknightsAssaultTavern.jpg

On Morosino's heels, the group crawls into the cupboard, and drops down through the opening in the floor. Slip is the first to jump in, followed closely by Thorn. Marcus is next, and he barely gets out of the way before Mero plops down awkwardly. Rolf and then Quinne are the last to drop through the trapdoor. Fortunately, it's only a five-foot drop to the stone floor beneath, so no one is injured.

Marcus' sunrod erupts in a golden flare, illuminating a rough-hewn tunnel, some five feet wide that leads down along a 20-foot-long hallway to a simple wooden door.

From the Vizio's tavern above, there is loud noise as of something heavy crashing to the floor. The sound is almost immediately followed by more loud noises of wood splintering, glass breaking, and indistinct shouting. Janiven deftly drops down into the tunnel from above, pulling the trapdoor closed over her head. On Morosino's heels, the group crawls into the cupboard, and drops down through the opening in the floor. Slip is the first to jump in, followed closely by Thorn. Marcus is next, and he barely gets out of the way before Mero plops down awkwardly. Rolf and then Quinne are the last to drop through the trapdoor. Fortunately, it's only a five-foot drop to the stone floor beneath, so no one is injured.

Marcus' sunrod erupts in a golden flare, illuminating a rough-hewn tunnel, some five feet wide that leads down along a 20-foot-long hallway to a simple wooden door.

From the Vizio's tavern above, there is loud noise as of something heavy crashing to the floor. The sound is almost immediately followed by more loud noises of wood splintering, glass breaking, and indistinct shouting. Janiven deftly drops down into the tunnel from above, pulling the trapdoor closed over her head. "He didn't like that tanglefoot bag very much," she says with a smirk. "Come on!"

Janiven leads the way down the tunnel to the door, and opens it with a good tug. The hinges open smoothly, and the group proceeds through, greeted by the potent stench of open sewage. An old, mortared-stone tunnel runs to the left and right. The tunnel is 10 feet wide, but only 5 feet high, forcing the taller members of the group to stoop as they enter. Half the tunnel's width consists of a slippery stone ledge, and the other half drops off into a trench filled with slow-flowing dark liquid...with the occasional unmentionable solid object floating within. It's not clear how deep the trench is, but the drop off from ledge to filthy sewer waste is only a few inches.

Janiven ushers everyone through from the escape tunnel, then slams the door and secures it with a stout-looking wooden bar, obviously left in place for just such a purpose.

"That should slow them down, at least a bit." Breathing hard, she looks into the faces of the adventurers, one by one, and shrugs apologetically. "It's probably not how you planned to spend your afternoon, but...welcome to the sewers of Westcrown."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Mero shudders at the sight of all that open sewage. He plucks a bit of cloth from his pockets and wraps it around his large nose and mouth. Looking a proper bandit now with his mask, he says in a muffled voice "An odoriferous start to our partnership. All accounted for yes? Is there a less... pungent place to stand around? I fear I might pass out and slip into the slop. I am after all, a bit closer to its level than you tall folk."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"yes, although wwe are in great gratitude for the escape, I personally agree with our ofaclary sensitive associate here."

*shudder*

"Although it is better to be here then the hell knight's rack."

Remove ads