Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG]

Disposable Hero

First Post
Ethan turns as another prisoner speaks up. "Ahh yes vengence. Sweet no matter what plane your on. They will have to release us just before the executions begin or before they tske me to the salt mines." He stops for a moment and looks around the cell. "Or we could break free of our bonds. Maybe at a weak point." He looks to the bolt in the roof that holds his chain in place.

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
[sblock=Anitol]Upon a closer look at the silk veil, Anitol sees that it is rather more than a simple piece of gossamer cloth. Upon closer inspection, he sees a number of small cloth patches of various shapes.

017xjj.jpg

"I'm sure if you can't figure out what to do with it, maybe one of your 'riff-raff' cellmates may be able to help."

With that, Tiadora rises and calls out, "Guards! We're done here!"

Her message delivered, she rises as Blackerly and the guards return. Immediately, her demeanor once more changes and she is again a perfect picture of grief. “No, I can’t bear to leave you!” She gives Anitol a kiss on the cheek. The kiss is ice-cold and feels somehow alien and inhuman.

Tomas shakes his head. “I’m afraid it’s time, miss.”

Tiadora looks deep in Tomas’ eyes and says, “Thank you for letting me say good-bye. There’s no need to search my dearest. You are such a good friend for letting me see my dearest one more time.”

“Such a good friend,” Tomas repeats, his voice almost mechanical. Then the watch sergeant seems to snap out of it and bows politely. “A pleasure, madam,” as Tiadora leaves, unveiled. Her eyes meet Anitol's one last time and she briefly gives him a wicked smile. “Three days,” telepathically echoes in the man's mind. “Don’t disappoint me, dearest”.

OOC: Let me know if you want anything about the image of the veil clarified.
[/sblock]
The visitation concluded, Anitol is taken back to his cell by the cadre of guards and shackled once more. Lights are dimmed and the door to the cell block is locked. With looks of disdain, Blackerly and the guards depart, leaving all of you again to your own devices.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol is scowling slightly as the guards lead him back to the cell. He silently endures the guards returning him to his shackles. He waits until the prisoners have been left alone in the cell again, and silently counts to himself, waiting until he can be reasonably sure that the jailers have returned to their normal routine.

"Well . . . that was not quite what I expected as it turns out. It seems a new player has taken a seat at the table, and they are playing their hand very close to their chest."

He twists around until he can reach inside his rags, drawing out a scrap of white cloth, embroidered with small patches.

"I have been given a message. For all of us."

He turns and looks at the five people shackled beside him, studying each one as if he could divine what hidden purpose they could have as a collective. Why these five? Why all of them?

"It seems we have an unknown . . . benefactor? An interested party at least. Someone who has requested an audience with you all, and myself. The trick to the game is that we have to get there ourselves. I was given this veil, and directions . . . and not much more. It seems my lot has been cast with yours. We discussed escape? Now let's see what we can do about that."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
At the mention of an escape attempt, Jaylen look over the bolts, wondering if his shackles were enough to deter him. He tests his bonds, noting that he can at least speak. Now, if his hands were left with enough motion to use them properly, that would be the test.

[sblock=Malvosin]Is there enough leeway in the chaining to allow the casting of a spell that requires only somatic and verbal components?[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"I'fe heardh abouth such mazic... ithem thurn intho patch. Iz that thief thools. Anyone coul free us?" asks Valeria.

Malvoisin

First Post
[sblock=Fangor]
OOC: The shackles are quite tight, and it will be difficult to cast a spell requiring somatic components with your hands restrained above your head as they are. That said, you could try. The spell might fail, though, at my discretion. So if you try it, don't assume it automatically succeeds.
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Jaylen knows that now would be a hard pressed time to attempt to escape. He waits patiently, testing his manacles overhead while focusing his mental state. Sensing that he would only fail in this meager attempt, he bides his time, saving his strength...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases