Man, Savage Worlds is Swingy!

Retreater

Legend
Exploding dice from an extra did 30+ points of damage, which would've been enough to one shot kill a full health character, had I not used a mercy optional rule.
Anyone else found this to be the case?

I'm finding it's okay for some settings, where you want an over-the-top, lethal game with a high body count (such as Rifts). But more traditional games, you might be better served with another system.

I tried to play fantasy stuff with it (Hellfrost) - didn't work so well. Until a while ago, I would have said, I'd pick it up for a pulpy Indiana Jones-like game, but these days I would probably use Ubiquity for that. I'll probably still take a look at the Flash Gordon RPG some day.

Hurske

Villager
I love it, one of the reason why it is on top of my fav systems, each fight you go into, can be deadly.

Of course there are ways to mitigate damage, the setting rule for 4 wounds max from an attack is to elevate that issue.

Derren

Hero
I love it, one of the reason why it is on top of my fav systems, each fight you go into, can be deadly.

Of course there are ways to mitigate damage, the setting rule for 4 wounds max from an attack is to elevate that issue.
Until a PC gets one shotted by an extra with more wounds that he can soak.

Remove ads