• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Manticores will have beards again in 4E

Pygon

First Post
I hope minotaurs actually look like bulls again instead of horned pekingese.

The manticore's tail could stand to be more spikey.

Vrecknidj

Explorer
Whatever. Some things we'll be happy about, some things we'll complain about, and DMs will do what they want.

Maybe we'll get Womanticores in the 5th edition of the game.

Dave

Lurks-no-More

First Post
Bah, I liked the 3.* edition manticore and minotaur pics. They're not a bat-winged lion with a beard or a man with a bull's head, but something that you could perfectly well describe as ones, especially if you had to describe them to someone who has never seen one.

Klaus

First Post
While I hope the manticore doesn't revert to the 2e fatbeard face, it could stand to be more leonine... and unless it's a lioness, that involves a mane.

thundershot

Adventurer
Vrecknidj said:
Whatever. Some things we'll be happy about, some things we'll complain about, and DMs will do what they want.

Maybe we'll get Womanticores in the 5th edition of the game.

Dave

I'm surprised 3E didn't call them Folkticores.

Chris

frankthedm

First Post
3E Loked like a spiked up Mutanticore. Alright for some thing that mutated into a parody of the fantasy creature, not so cool for the game that is supposed to have a menagerie of the actual creatures of fantasy.

MM35_PG180.jpg

4E actually looks like a fantasy creature, heck it even reminds me of...

20070921_drdd_enc.jpg

D&D arcade game's maticore.

dd20ac3.gif

Last edited:

Remove ads