• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

map help

arche

First Post
I'm thinking of setting up a nice overland battle for my players next D&D game. The players are 12th level, so it would be nice to do some larger scale overland map combat that allows for the use of natural terrain in the combat and long range spells. I just wanted to know if anyone had any map links that I might be able to use for this. I'm terrible at actually drawing maps, but once I've got something decent, I can work with it. I'm thinking of a scale of about 10 mile area or so, or maybe larger and I can drill down more.

Also, any hints for running a combat that may take up a large space is helpful (i.e. pitfalls you've experiened, etc...) Fly will be used as well as other natural flying abilities and long/medium range spells which will allow for popping up from hills, etc... I also plan to have plenty of civilians around for potential collateral damage.

Any help/ideas are appreciated so I can build off of it. I just want to offer a variance to the typical small scale tactical combat. The emphasis will be on fun and theatrics within a D&D 3.5 rule set, so I'm not looking to use a complete war gaming system. Thanks in advance and I hope this request makes sense.

Remove ads