• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[March] What are you reading?

I just stumbled across the trailer for A Princess of Mars. Form what I saw it looked very cheap and disappointing, especially the way they did the Green Men.

What you saw was the trailer for a cheap straight-to-DVD version, not the big screen, big budget release currently being worked on.

Jack7

First Post
What you saw was the trailer for a cheap straight-to-DVD version, not the big screen, big budget release currently being worked on.

I'm glad to hear that. I didn't like the thought of any of the Martians being treated in that fashion.

What will the big budget one be called? Anything about it out yet?

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Just finished a big Tom Clancy reread, of Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, and The Bear and the Dragon.

Next up is the third Safehold book and Star Carrier.

Brad

ssampier

First Post

I was going to say, aren't they still filming this thing? I thought I saw ads for extras and movie set people around the Moab area of Utah. Of course that was a few months ago.

S. Baldrick

Explorer
I was going to say, aren't they still filming this thing? I thought I saw ads for extras and movie set people around the Moab area of Utah. Of course that was a few months ago.

I am from Moab and from what I have heard, they are going to be start filming there next month.

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
I'm listening to the audiobook of Jim Butcher's Proven Guilty. James Marsters does a fantastic job of reading them, and has Harry Dresden's voice perfectly, as well as good voices for the other characters.

I've also started reading the bible, using Robert Alter's translations of The Five Books of Moses and the Psalms, and the NLT translation of the rest. If you want to know where "Kick in the door, kill them, and take their stuff" first came from, read the book of Joshua. It's a slaughterfest.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Found my copy of [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Shakespearean-Actor-Prepares-Adrian-Brine/dp/1575251892/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1268361508&sr=8-1]A Shakespearean Actor Prepares[/ame], and I'm glad I did. Paragraph for paragraph, one of the best book on Shakeapeare performance I've ever read.

Remove ads