[March] What are you reading?

delericho

Legend
Started the month reading "The Kite Runner", by Khaled Hosseini. An excellent book, though I didn't think it ended at all well. (Basically, cut the last 30 or so pages, and it would be much better.)

Now reading "Elric", by Michael Moorcock, which I'm very much enjoying. The collection I have appears to be the 'main' saga, comprising five novelettes and the "Stormbringer" collection.

Next up is "The Amber Spyglass", to finish off the "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Philip Pullman. I have very mixed feelings about the series - the story is absolutely brilliant, and it's very well-written, but I strongly dislike the author's agenda.

In game books, I'm currently reading "The Twice-Damned Prince", the last part of the "Council of Thieves" adventure path from Paizo. By this time, we know what we're getting from Pathfinder; if you like previous offerings you'll probably like this, but if not this won't change your mind.

Next up is "Hunter: the Vigil", and then a big stack of Eberron 3.5e books.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Found my copy of A Shakespearean Actor Prepares, and I'm glad I did. Paragraph for paragraph, one of the best book on Shakeapeare performance I've ever read.

I guess I should add that I just ran through the three parts of Henry VI and will hit Richard III next. Looking at it closely regarding the aspects of witchcraft and also read Early Modern Witches: Witchcraft Cases in Contemporary Writing by Marion Gibson and will be including Three Jacobean Witchcraft Plays edited by Peter Corbin and Douglas Sedge as part of that same pursuit.

Wombat

First Post
Read Bujold's The Curse of Chalion -- all I can say is that I hope this is not representative of her other works, because this was far too much of a "wow, what an amazing coincidence" soap opera for me...

The_lurkeR

First Post
Started reading [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Blade-Itself-First-Law-Book/dp/159102594X"]The Blade Itself[/ame] and really enjoying it so far. Interesting characters, and reminds me a bit of GRRMartin in style.

So far this month I've read Mathias Thulmann: Witch Hunter (by C. L. Werner), The Ginger Star (by Leigh Brackett) and Turn Coat (by Jim Butcher). I've also been re-reading some Paizo setting stuff, namely the Absalom book, the Osirion book and the Katapesh book, since I might have a reason to use those in the near future in my gaming.

I also literally just picked up The Hounds of Skaith (sequel to The Ginger Star) and I'll probably have that read by the end of the week, after which I'll read Reavers of Skaith. I haven't decided what to read after that, but then again, that'll probably be pushing into April by then anyway.

Krug

Newshound
Finished Sum: Forty Stories of the Afterlife. Quick, light read.

Next in line is Shamanslayer. First 1/4 is a hoot as Felix finds out the price of celebrity. Gosh has it been twenty years? Man...

Remove ads