• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E March's D&D Book To Be Announced On January 9th

A mysterious entry has appeared on Amazon! With a product title of "Dungeons & Dragons March Release Book (Title announced January 9th)" and a release date of March 17th, 2020, this $49.95 hardcover release will be revealed in under a week! The description reads "Your first look at the next D&D title comes on January 9th! Keep an eye on wherever you get your D&D news for a preview of the...

A mysterious entry has appeared on Amazon! With a product title of "Dungeons & Dragons March Release Book (Title announced January 9th)" and a release date of March 17th, 2020, this $49.95 hardcover release will be revealed in under a week!

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 10.49.53 AM.png

The description reads "Your first look at the next D&D title comes on January 9th! Keep an eye on wherever you get your D&D news for a preview of the book."

Could there be a clue in the dice being released on the same day? Laeral Silverhand's Explorer's Kit is described as "Dice and miscellany for the world's greatest roleplaying game" for $29.99. We'll find out on Thursday!

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 10.54.20 AM.png

Who's Laeral Silverhand? She's a prolific creator of magic items from Waterdeep, and one of the most powerful wizards in the Forgotten Realms. She's one of the Seven Sisters, introduced in 1987's Forgotten Realms boxed set, although Laeral herself wasn't described in that product. Ed Greenwood'sThe Seven Sisters supplement fully detailed them in 1995. Laeral and Khlben 'Blackstaff' Arunsun led a group called the Moonstars. In 5th edition, she appears in Waterdeep: Dragon Heist.

Dammit it's another Sword Coast-centric product. Jeez why can't they ever make something new...

EXPLORE THE REALMS
Dice and miscellany for the world's greatest roleplaying game.
Let Laeral Silverhand—Open Lord of Waterdeep, centuries-old archmage, and daughter of the goddess of magic—guide you on your path to adventure.
Includes:
  • Eleven dice (two d20s, one d12, two d10s, one d8, four d6s, one d4).
  • Twenty illustrated, double-sided cards detailing Laeral's expert insights on key characters, locations, and lore from across the Forgotten Realms.
  • A durable, felt-lined box that functions as two dice trays.
  • Foldout double-sided map of the Sword Coast and the city of Waterdeep.
View attachment 117239
"Across the Forgotten Realms" does seem to hint at at least some coverage from other areas.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Dammit it's another Sword Coast-centric product. Jeez why can't they ever make something new...

EXPLORE THE REALMS
Dice and miscellany for the world's greatest roleplaying game.
Let Laeral Silverhand—Open Lord of Waterdeep, centuries-old archmage, and daughter of the goddess of magic—guide you on your path to adventure.
Includes:
  • Eleven dice (two d20s, one d12, two d10s, one d8, four d6s, one d4).
  • Twenty illustrated, double-sided cards detailing Laeral's expert insights on key characters, locations, and lore from across the Forgotten Realms.
  • A durable, felt-lined box that functions as two dice trays.
  • Foldout double-sided map of the Sword Coast and the city of Waterdeep.
View attachment 117239

Alright, a full nine months since last time I bought a map of the Sword Coast, fix incoming!

Now I'm dead certain this is going to be a Force Grey book in a big way.

gyor

Legend
Maybe, but all the lcoations/maps listed in that dice set seems to be exclusively Sword Coast, so it's probably not sadly.

Unrelated, here's the full gem dragon art from the sapphire dice page.

View attachment 117241

There is in fact more to the Forgotten Realms then the Swordcoast, so "Across the Forgotten Realms" likely means other lands.

And they don't want to spoil everything with the picture, so just showed the card locations folks were more familiar with.

Still disappointed that the map is just two recycled 5e maps. If it has at least been a map of Faerun as a whole I'd have boughten it.

Hopefully its companion book won't just reprint the Waterdeep Gazetteer chapter from WD: DH.

I'm still looking forward to the book, but I already have a big 5e Waterdeep map, so this accessory kit is going to most likely be a pass. Maybe.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
There is in fact more to the Forgotten Realms then the Swordcoast, so "Across the Forgotten Realms" likely means other lands.

And they don't want to spoil everything with the picture, so just showed the card locations folks were more familiar with.

Still disappointed that the map is just two recycled 5e maps. If it has at least been a map of Faerun as a whole I'd have boughten it.

Hopefully its companion book won't just reprint the Waterdeep Gazetteer chapter from WD: DH.

I'm still looking forward to the book, but I already have a big 5e Waterdeep map, so this accessory kit is going to most likely be a pass. Maybe.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
All the dice-sets have been adventure tie-ins, haven't they? There wasn't a Xanathar's, Mordenkainen's, or Volo's dice set, for example, was there?

The product page suggests to me that a Sword Coast-focused adventure book is in the works (besides the map, the two cards we can see are for Neverwinter and Icewind Dale, two locations in the Sword Coast). But I wouldn't think we would get another sweeping Sword Coast adventure after Storm King's Thunder, so I'm inclined to agree with others that this is more likely a book full of short adventures set in and around the Sword Coast. More likely (judging from the name), the book is half lore and half adventures.

Remove ads

Remove ads