D&D 5E March's D&D Book To Be Announced On January 9th

A mysterious entry has appeared on Amazon! With a product title of "Dungeons & Dragons March Release Book (Title announced January 9th)" and a release date of March 17th, 2020, this $49.95 hardcover release will be revealed in under a week! The description reads "Your first look at the next D&D title comes on January 9th! Keep an eye on wherever you get your D&D news for a preview of the...

A mysterious entry has appeared on Amazon! With a product title of "Dungeons & Dragons March Release Book (Title announced January 9th)" and a release date of March 17th, 2020, this $49.95 hardcover release will be revealed in under a week!

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 10.49.53 AM.png

The description reads "Your first look at the next D&D title comes on January 9th! Keep an eye on wherever you get your D&D news for a preview of the book."

Could there be a clue in the dice being released on the same day? Laeral Silverhand's Explorer's Kit is described as "Dice and miscellany for the world's greatest roleplaying game" for $29.99. We'll find out on Thursday!

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 10.54.20 AM.png

Who's Laeral Silverhand? She's a prolific creator of magic items from Waterdeep, and one of the most powerful wizards in the Forgotten Realms. She's one of the Seven Sisters, introduced in 1987's Forgotten Realms boxed set, although Laeral herself wasn't described in that product. Ed Greenwood'sThe Seven Sisters supplement fully detailed them in 1995. Laeral and Khlben 'Blackstaff' Arunsun led a group called the Moonstars. In 5th edition, she appears in Waterdeep: Dragon Heist.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I'll add that this does align with some hints of future content looking at non-European inspired fantasy continents.

So I expect this book to be written much like Mordenkainen's/Volo's where it is from the POV of Laeral Silverhand, but giving background on areas like Kara-Tur and Al-Qadim.

Also expecting new monster statblocks, player options, all sorts of neat stuff. Probably no adventure unless very short as an intro.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Looking at the dice and miscellany do you think is a new starter set Laeral Silverhand’s Explorer Kit? I just probably butchered that name.

Edit: Although probably is not and is just the name for the dice and maps set.
I hope that they put her name on something more significant than an accessory kit!

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I'll add that this does align with some hints of future content looking at non-European inspired fantasy continents.

So I expect this book to be written much like Mordenkainen's/Volo's where it is from the POV of Laeral Silverhand, but giving background on areas like Kara-Tur and Al-Qadim.

Also expecting new monster statblocks, player options, all sorts of neat stuff. Probably no adventure unless very short as an intro.
Almost certainly at least some adventure hooks in each region discussed. Like, I’d put 50$ on it. Hooks, factions, and threats/tensions, at bare minimum.

JeffB

Legend
Interesting-though I have all the info I need, I'd like to see a 5e take and focus on the Dalelands (remember 20 years ago when we complained about Dalelands this, Dalelands that? Sword Coast is the new Dalelands).

However, I'm gonna guess this is another Xanathar type book focusing on magic-items, spells, creatures.

Kurotowa

Legend
I hope it's some of the finalized options from that huge UA with character options, making them official

While I'm hungry for those too, I think March is too soon. A March book needs to be in final editing and layout by now. I think the UA subclasses are due a secret draft release first, and almost certainly won't all be in a setting branded book.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Interesting-though I have all the info I need, I'd like to see a 5e take and focus on the Dalelands (remember 20 years ago when we complained about Dalelands this, Dalelands that? Sword Coast is the new Dalelands).

However, I'm gonna guess this is another Xanathar type book focusing on magic-items, spells, creatures.

I'm nearly certain it's a setting book (although that doesn't preclude the things you list).

It's called "Forgotten Realms: Laeral Silverhand's Explorer's Kit." The "Forgotten Realms" piece reminds me of "Eberron: Rising from the Last War" title layout. Plus "Explorer's Kit" sounds purposefully worded as to be dual use as a guide (explorer's ) and player's toolkit (kit).

Teemu

Hero
At first I was thinking a book like Xanathar’s with the recent batch of subclasses and chapters on exploration (including the planes), but the ”Forgotten Realms” part makes me think it could in fact be a proper FR gazetteer. Could still include the subclasses though.

Xanathar’s doesn’t have ”Forgotten Realms” in the title. Both Dragon Heist and Dungeon of the Mad Mage do have ”Waterdeep”, and those are set in Waterdeep. Hence this book is most likely about the Realms.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
I'm nearly certain it's a setting book (although that doesn't preclude the things you list).

It's called "Forgotten Realms: Laeral Silverhand's Explorer's Kit." The "Forgotten Realms" piece reminds me of "Eberron: Rising from the Last War" title layout. Plus "Explorer's Kit" sounds purposefully worded as to be dual use as a guide (explorer's ) and player's toolkit (kit).
Yah you probably nailed it!

Remove ads

Remove ads