D&D 5E March's D&D Book To Be Announced On January 9th

A mysterious entry has appeared on Amazon! With a product title of "Dungeons & Dragons March Release Book (Title announced January 9th)" and a release date of March 17th, 2020, this $49.95 hardcover release will be revealed in under a week! The description reads "Your first look at the next D&D title comes on January 9th! Keep an eye on wherever you get your D&D news for a preview of the...

A mysterious entry has appeared on Amazon! With a product title of "Dungeons & Dragons March Release Book (Title announced January 9th)" and a release date of March 17th, 2020, this $49.95 hardcover release will be revealed in under a week!

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 10.49.53 AM.png

The description reads "Your first look at the next D&D title comes on January 9th! Keep an eye on wherever you get your D&D news for a preview of the book."

Could there be a clue in the dice being released on the same day? Laeral Silverhand's Explorer's Kit is described as "Dice and miscellany for the world's greatest roleplaying game" for $29.99. We'll find out on Thursday!

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 10.54.20 AM.png

Who's Laeral Silverhand? She's a prolific creator of magic items from Waterdeep, and one of the most powerful wizards in the Forgotten Realms. She's one of the Seven Sisters, introduced in 1987's Forgotten Realms boxed set, although Laeral herself wasn't described in that product. Ed Greenwood'sThe Seven Sisters supplement fully detailed them in 1995. Laeral and Khlben 'Blackstaff' Arunsun led a group called the Moonstars. In 5th edition, she appears in Waterdeep: Dragon Heist.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Evidence for Eberron... There's a big Eberron banner for the AL adventure Rising from the Last War. Also, Gond's gear and the planar symbol of Mechanus usually are represented with 8-spokes. Whereas the gear on the Eberron product has 10-spokes like this one.
kvsz9FA.png

WabNTD8.png

Evidence for Planescape... Dragon+ Issue 29 cover, and bit from recent Dragon Talk where Wolfgang Baur mentioned working with David "Zeb" Cook on something that rhymed with Planescape, a Kobold Press Warlock Lair product.
LAOtGSn.png

Tbf I don't think the spoke has anything to do with the monday product, and actually is a hint to the product being announced after that one, or is referencing the last product (Rising from the Last War).

Wiseblood

Adventurer
1. Sees title of thread, reads first post.
2. Clicks on link, sees that revelation date is now January 13.
3. Skips to last post in thread.
4. Realizes no one knows anything.
5. Goes back to making french toast for daughters.

1)yup
2)I didn’t know that. thank you.
3)
4)nothing about the release but we know about some desserts
5)Good on you, but do you like french toast?

gyor

Legend
It's the other critical role setting with Exandia. I knew something like this was coming so since Exandia was mentioned in BG: DiA, but not when, and the dice set, UA, and cog Ampersand threw me off.

Remove ads

Remove ads