• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mark of the Wyrm

Bloodcookie

Explorer
Tharune said:
"It has, by my assistant," Ashchenon says. "The rune makes it easier to hit enemies,
and the sword possesses a rudimentary intelligence... in fact, this sword is tied into why I wanted to talk to you. You see, I knew its maker..."

"Oh? Then the sword itself must not be so terribly old. Unless..." Carfal pauses as he considers what type of being might possess the longevity to have had first-hand knowledge of an ancient wyrm.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Grogan (Half-Orc Barbarian); HP: 31

Grogan takes the runed sword and throws it to Kevin. Gorgan draws his sword, smiles, and carefully pierces Kevins' leg (~5pts). The barbarian then stands there ready for his counter to test the blade's magic.

[OOC: Jemal has not been on in a few days, but I assume that he would follow my lead? Maybe? I have been waiting for his response to post. If you want me to cancel this post let me know and Grogan will grumble in the silence so we can keep moving forward. ]

Tharune

First Post
FreeXenon said:
Grogan takes the runed sword and throws it to Kevin. Gorgan draws his sword, smiles, and carefully pierces Kevins' leg (~5pts). The barbarian then stands there ready for his counter to test the blade's magic.

[OOC: Jemal has not been on in a few days, but I assume that he would follow my lead? Maybe? I have been waiting for his response to post. If you want me to cancel this post let me know and Grogan will grumble in the silence so we can keep moving forward. ]

(OOC: Holding for Jemal, then)

Tharune

First Post
OOC: No luck. Okay...

The sword pierces Kevin's leg. It hurts. Half-orcs, apparently, play rough.

"Wait-" Ashchenon says, then stops and shakes his head.

Time passes, and blood starts to run down Kevin's leg.

"It takes a little time for it to recharge, or something," the Lord adds. "It doesn't work for me until there's some serious injury."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Logan

Could you all please quiet down so we can hear rest of the story. You always run to do something before you know enough or think things through. You might be surprised by what you could hear if you stay silent enough for long enough to hear your own thoughts.

Please, Lord, continue.

Almost absentmindedly Logan heals Kevin's leg.

OOC: DM please roll Cure light wounds for me, I cannot access IC for some reason. Have a nice weekend.

Tharune

First Post
Neurotic said:
Could you all please quiet down so we can hear rest of the story. You always run to do something before you know enough or think things through. You might be surprised by what you could hear if you stay silent enough for long enough to hear your own thoughts.

Please, Lord, continue.

Almost absentmindedly Logan heals Kevin's leg.

OOC: DM please roll Cure light wounds for me, I cannot access IC for some reason. Have a nice weekend.

The wound heals fully and completely. Ashchenon nods a little when Logan casts his cure. "The sword's maker is missing," he says to everyone. "Being that you bear the same mark that he does, I thought you might be interested in looking for him."

Bloodcookie

Explorer
Carfal simply stands and stares as Kevin is stabbed and subsequently healed. Finally, blinking as if returning to the moment after pondering something utterly mystifying, he turns back to Ashchenon, saying "Well, I can speak only for myself, Lord, but I must say my interest is indeed piqued. Who, exactly, is this man? And do you know why he crafted such a sword, bearing his- our- mark, no less?"

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Grogan (Half-Orc Barbarian); HP: 31

Grogan shrugs to to Kevin and says "Sword is not so useful."

The half-orc brusquely hands the sword back and sits back down seeming to tune out the unimportant conversation.

"Just tell me that you think the Zhentarim are apart of this then I'm in. If you can stammer that much out to me then lets get started, because I am getting bored... fast."

Tharune

First Post
Carfal simply stands and stares as Kevin is stabbed and subsequently healed. Finally, blinking as if returning to the moment after pondering something utterly mystifying, he turns back to Ashchenon, saying "Well, I can speak only for myself, Lord, but I must say my interest is indeed piqued. Who, exactly, is this man? And do you know why he crafted such a sword, bearing his- our- mark, no less?"

Grogan shrugs to to Kevin and says "Sword is not so useful."

The half-orc brusquely hands the sword back and sits back down seeming to tune out the unimportant conversation.

"Just tell me that you think the Zhentarim are apart of this then I'm in. If you can stammer that much out to me then lets get started, because I am getting bored... fast."

"I can't prove that," the young lord says. "The Zhents might be part of it, of course, or perhaps the Cult of the Dragon. I don't know. The sword's maker is named Nyrf, and he's a forest gnome. Had a very keen interest in dragons, as I recall. He took off towards the coast to follow some rumor about a dragon, and that's the last I've heard of him."

Remove ads