• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mark of the Wyrm

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Grogan (Half-Orc Barbarian); HP: 31

Grogan starts to turn red as he clears his throat.

"Shut it! Or I'll give ya something to bleed about!"

The big barbarian scowls at Kevin trying to hide a level of embarrassment with bluster.

Bloodcookie

Explorer
Tharune said:
"I can't prove that," the young lord says. "The Zhents might be part of it, of course, or perhaps the Cult of the Dragon. I don't know. The sword's maker is named Nyrf, and he's a forest gnome. Had a very keen interest in dragons, as I recall. He took off towards the coast to follow some rumor about a dragon, and that's the last I've heard of him."

Carfal nods, brow furrowed in thought. "Hmm, I see. Yes, I would very much like to speak with this gnome; his knowledge quite likely demands transcription for posterity... How is he known to you, exactly? I don't mean to pry, but anything you can relate concerning him may be of assistance."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Logan Glanderho

Can you tell us more about this Nyrf? When was he last seen? What was he working on? Was he by any chance researching wyrm our dragon turns toward dragon Vorastrix you said? speaks about?

Jemal

Adventurer
Kev grins at Grogans blustering, then turns back trying to follow the conversation, regretting that he has little to add, and hoping a bit selfishly that perhaps soon he and Grogan would be able to show THEIR worth to these scholarly types by saving their hides.

Tharune

First Post
"I can't prove that," the young lord says. "The Zhents might be part of it, of course, or perhaps the Cult of the Dragon. I don't know. The sword's maker is named Nyrf, and he's a forest gnome. Had a very keen interest in dragons, as I recall. He took off towards the coast to follow some rumor about a dragon, and that's the last I've heard of him."

Kevin shakes his head "Well at least it worked out better than the LAST time I let you stab me."

Grogan starts to turn red as he clears his throat.

"Shut it! Or I'll give ya something to bleed about!"

The big barbarian scowls at Kevin trying to hide a level of embarrassment with bluster.

Ashchenon looks amused, half-listening to the byplay going on during his own conversation.

Carfal nods, brow furrowed in thought. "Hmm, I see. Yes, I would very much like to speak with this gnome; his knowledge quite likely demands transcription for posterity... How is he known to you, exactly? I don't mean to pry, but anything you can relate concerning him may be of assistance."

Can you tell us more about this Nyrf? When was he last seen? What was he working on? Was he by any chance researching wyrm our dragon turns toward dragon Vorastrix you said? speaks about?

Kev grins at Grogans blustering, then turns back trying to follow the conversation, regretting that he has little to add, and hoping a bit selfishly that perhaps soon he and Grogan would be able to show THEIR worth to these scholarly types by saving their hides.

"Ah, well, I don't know him that well, you see. Had a chance to question him, when it was reported to me that he had this sword and, of course, what it could do. I spent a pretty penny buying it." He hesitates. "He struck me as a very... distracted... individual. I didn't understand half the things he was talking about, and my guess is most of his rambling was to himself. As to what he was working on, he didn't say what dragon he was researching... and there are no notable stories of dragons on the coast. Not -this- coast, anyway," he adds with a bemused look.

Ambrus

Explorer
Vorastrix seems rather puzzled by the Lord's summary of events. "Did Nyrf say why he'd bother to forge such an oversized weapon or why he wished to sell it to the Lord of a human city? It'd seem like an odd project for a forest gnome to undertake without prompting or before he could be assured that he'd have a buyer for it."

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Grogan (Half-Orc Barbarian); HP: 31

"Tell us where this gnome is and we will find him and question him. I am getting bored." Grogan growls and begins to tap his foot impatiently.

Bloodcookie

Explorer
FreeXenon said:
"Tell us where this gnome is and we will find him and question him. I am getting bored." Grogan growls and begins to tap his foot impatiently.

Carfal nods, and says, "Yes, it seems the Lord has as many unanswered questions as we do, so perhaps the time has come to begin planning our next steps... assuming Lord Ashchenon has indeed exhausted his collected intelligence on the matter?" he says, turning with a smile to Ashchenon, raising his brow inquisitively.

Tharune

First Post
Vorastrix seems rather puzzled by the Lord's summary of events. "Did Nyrf say why he'd bother to forge such an oversized weapon or why he wished to sell it to the Lord of a human city? It'd seem like an odd project for a forest gnome to undertake without prompting or before he could be assured that he'd have a buyer for it."

Carfal nods, and says, "Yes, it seems the Lord has as many unanswered questions as we do, so perhaps the time has come to begin planning our next steps... assuming Lord Ashchenon has indeed exhausted his collected intelligence on the matter?" he says, turning with a smile to Ashchenon, raising his brow inquisitively.

Ashchenon shrugs. "Not much more to tell. He wasn't exactly looking to sell the sword- I, ah, convinced him to do so. As to why he made a sword as long as himself, that was part of the rambling... he said something about how magic items were made with some investment by the maker... not money, he said, when I pressed him. But that this sword did not have that kind of price. He wasn't terribly attached to it, which makes me wonder how many other things he's made."

Remove ads