• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marked By Destiny, Marked by Tragedy Part 2 (No Judge Yet)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I guess so...that seems more metagamey than taking 20 though. In the real metagame, we have a Warforged, or as they are sometimes known 'many sorts of traps are less fun now if I go first because I'm immune to them' :] ;))

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I guess so...that seems more metagamey than taking 20 though. In the real metagame, we have a Warforged, or as they are sometimes known 'many sorts of traps are less fun now if I go first because I'm immune to them' :] ;))
OOC: Do I not take damage? Do I not imitate bleeding? ;) Seriously, poison and negative energy traps. Thats about it. Give him a falling pit, and he's toast like the rest of y'all

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: So....are we taking 20, or are we rollin'? Or those of us who are sneaky, could sneak ahead and look for baddies as well.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: We need light. Aberrations don't. Sneaking isn't going to work, given those criteria ;))

*Alys will lead the other ones in searching the entrance thoroughly.*

(OOC: I'd like to take 20 just in case. I admit that I'm probably just paranoid because in my only other LEB game, we just went into an aberration filled cave also, and the Rogue didn't take 20, and she got hit for like 10 points of damage by the spike trap she failed to find ;))

Patlin

Explorer
The group slowly makes its way into the cavern, especially cautious of a trap near the cave entrance. You find none. As you go further in, do you wish to continue to take 20, or do you want to go faster than that would allow?

Up ahead in the shadows, you can vaguely make out what from this distance appears to be a dead end.

Patlin

Explorer
OK, three choices on searching:

fastest: each of three searchers gets a quadrant (one at random makes a check)

fast 1: best trapfinder rolls, others aid another

fast 2: best trapfinder takes 10, others aid another

s@squ@tch

First Post
Patlin said:
OK, three choices on searching:

fastest: each of three searchers gets a quadrant (one at random makes a check)

fast 1: best trapfinder rolls, others aid another

fast 2: best trapfinder takes 10, others aid another

Silvanon's only 1st level - his search mod is +7. +6 on Disable Device. He might be best served to aid another, depending on the Lvl 2 Rogues come up with.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: +7 is pretty darn good. It's the same as Brelach, and only 1 worse than Alys. I say we go with almost the fast way (option 1) except that everyone searches their own quadrant twice. Do this until we see something interesting (that dead end, for instance, should be thoroughly searched once we reach it, as should any weird formations, openings, rifts, etc)

Wik

First Post
OOC: +7 Search, +8 Disable Device. And I like Rystil's idea. Meta-game speaking, Brelach should get an average result of around 18 on two consecutive search checks, which is pretty good. The aid another idea works good, too - each round, we could average a result of around 22 or so. But that's mega-game.

I'm curious as to everyone's spot, listen, disable device, hide, and move silently checks, too, since we have an abundance of rogues here.

DISABLE DEVICE - +8
HIDE - +6
LISTEN - +3
MOVE SILENTLY - +6
SEARCH - +7
SPOT - +5

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads