• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marooned!: On Hiatus until further notice

Insight

Adventurer
I was thinking of making a retired US military medi-vac pilot who is now flying supply runs for the scientists working at the various Antarctic research stations. At level 3, he would be a Dedicated 2/Tough 1, with the Military occupation. Not sure about skills yet, but definitely Pilot and Medicine and maybe some Survival.

Insight

Adventurer
I have a tentative character ready to roll, depending on what it is you need from us at this time.

Last edited:

Galethorn

First Post
Ok, Nac, you're in.

That's everybody, eh? Sounds good...

Level 3, 25-point point-buy, average (as in '4 every odd level, 5 every even level for d8' hp), and the only equipment you have that works is your clothes, and any small water-proof objects that you could have taken on a plane with you in a pocket.

Military characters are discouraged, but former non-front-line-soldiers (like medi-vac pilots or MPs) are fine. Social characters won't get much use out of their best skills and abilities, but that's not to say that you'd be useless.

Post your characters here in any format you like, and I'll try to check over them, then post to a thread in the RG.

Current list of active players:
1.) Insight
2.) nopantsyet (great name, by the way)
3.) Zaarin
4.) Nac Mac Feegle
5.)*My friend, who will probably go by Ooga-Booga on the forums

Insight

Adventurer
MAJ. NEWTON VANCE (US Army, Ret.)
DEDICATED 2, TOUGH 1

ABILITY SCORES
Str 10 (+0)
Dex 12 (+1)
Con 14 (+2)
Int 12 (+1)
Wis 15 (+2)
Cha 9 (-1)

BASE ATTACK: +1
BASE DEFENSE: +2
DEFENSE: 13
HIT POINTS: 23
FORT: +5
REF: +1
WILL: +4

SKILLS: Climb (1) +1, Listen (4) +6, Navigate (5) +7, Pilot (6) +9, Repair (1) +2, Spot (5) +7, Survival (6) +8, Swim (1) +2, Treat Injury (5) +11.

FEATS: Advanced Firearms, Air Vehicle Op - Helicopters, Medical Expert, Personal Firearms, Vehicle Expert.

TALENTS: Healing Knack (Dedicated), Remain Conscious (Tough).

EQUIPMENT: On his person, Vance wears a light beige shortsleeved shirt, cargo shorts, flip-flops (no socks), and a baseball cap (Red Sox). In his pockets would be a wallet, cell phone, his passport, and key to an airport locker. This is what he would have packed into a suitcase for the trip home: Six changes of clothes, a pair of military-style steel-toed boots, a small tool set, a set of aerial navigation maps showing South America and Antarctica, a PDA with his personal info and contact list, a multi-tool pocket knife thing, and his lucky horseshoe.

BACKGROUND NOTES:
  • 29 Years old, hails from Braintree, MA. Son of an Anglican minister.
  • Briefly attended Our Lady of Grace Seminary in Boston before joining the US Army in 1986.
  • Served in Germany 1987-1990 and went through Army Medical School to become a Corpsman. Also attended Search & Rescue School in 1990.
  • Went through Helicopter School just before the Gulf War in 1991.
  • Served as medi-vac pilot in Kuwait and Iraq 1991-92.
  • Earned Silver Star in 1993.
  • Served in 1st Air Cav, Ft Bliss, TX 1993-1994.
  • Retired from US Army in 1995.
  • Now works as Helicopter Pilot for National Science Foundation, delivering supplies to science stations in Antarctica.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
I think I'll go straight tough 3.

Basic character concept: An ex-member of the Russian mafia in the U.S.S.R., he emigrated to the U.S. when it became apparent that the communist regime (and much of the corruption inherent in it that had made his position so profitable) would collapse. Upon arriving in America, he started up a small weapons store, which he owns and runs. He is now technically legal, but still sells weapons to "shady" people.

Galethorn

First Post
Nac: What would your character be doing on his way north from south armerica on a fairly standard airliner?

Insight: Looks good.

Everybody else: you know what to do.

Galethorn

First Post
Nac: Vacation sounds best, but a sale sounds like it might be good.

Insight: I have an idea for your trip north; visiting the family after several months of working in Antarctica...I guess it would be early summer (in the northern hemisphere), so the 4th of july might be a good reason for a reunion.

Everybody else: I've started work on getting the idea turned into an adventure, and ought to be ready on sunday or monday (I would be ready tomorrow, but I'll be busy all day).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads