WOIN Martial Artist Opponents

Brian I

First Post
Thinking mainly of NOW, with its focus on martial art styles / careers and stances - thoughts on how folks might want to see martial artist enemies (either as a GM or from a Player perspective)?

Usually the WOIN guidance is to build NPCs as monsters, and no issue there. NOW includes several NPC types which fall into the martial artist realm (martial artist, ninja, etc.).

But for key / climactic scenes or fights, say, in kung fu contests or such, where Players / PCs might have an expectation of seeing whose kung fu style is the best, I'd like to have major enemies use the martial art styles.

Would you have NPCs take select exploits from the martial arts styles and stances?

If your PC was say, a Muay Thai trained fighter, and you were in a mixed martial arts competition scenario, would you be expecting to have at least a few NPCs actually use "Southern Shaolin" techniques?

Thoughts? I'm noodling the idea of a martial arts themed campaign, with Chi and such, hence the question.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'd be inclined to use the monster rules, and just give them two or more of the martial art's career exploits, depending on how competent they are.

Brian I

First Post
I'd be inclined to use the monster rules, and just give them two or more of the martial art's career exploits, depending on how competent they are.
Yea, I think I'll go that route, and maybe just lean more heavily into some of the MA style exploits. I'd want to make sure Players felt like their PC really bested a style where relevant.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases