• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Martial Power 2 feats

RyvenCedrylle

First Post
here

Mostly good stuff, but the one that got me laughing out loud was the Dragon Breath Scoundrel. With this feat, you can get sneak attack damage with your dragonborn's breath weapon. Does this remind anyone else of the ballista scene from The Gamers?

Rechan

Adventurer
Some of those look familiar. I could swear that this is the THIRD time I've seen a "Do damage with Shockwave" feat for Earthsoul genasi.

Phaezen

Adventurer
Looks like my dwarf (resiliance of stone) hammer (hammer shock) fighter (striking resurgance, tactical superiority) is going to be a happy dwarf.

One of the feats seem to grant one extra use of Inspiring Word at heroic tier. Neat. Now add the feat for targeting two targets instead of one with Inspiring Word at epic tier, and... Well, that seems like a lot of healing. ;)

Mengu

First Post
One of the feats seem to grant one extra use of Inspiring Word at heroic tier.

Paragon tier actually.

There are a lot of feats that make me curious about the exact wording. Here are some comments from the peanut gallery.

Ambush Tactics - could be really good if it applies to every attack against every enemy who hasn't acted, especially if the damage scales per tier. Or it could be junk if it applies to the first attack roll against the first target with no scaling.

Draw First Blood - curious how much extra damage, hoping for Rambo-level. Between that and bonus against bloodied enemies, you could be satisfying those conditions pretty often. Could be interesting with Spiteful Glamor too.

Nimble Dodge - way to override Halfling Agility.

Rumbling Earthshock - yeah, this is version #3.

Deceptive Staff - curious if this applies to staff implements.

Deft Blade - excellent rogue feat, decent tempest fighter or sorcerer feat. How to find room for it is the question.

Martial Accuracy - all paragon characters, please retrain Elven Precision if you had it.

Striking Resurgence - This feat would have been supreme at heroic. At paragon, it's merely good.

Unerring Ambush - Rogue and Sorcerer Daggermasters will love it. Quite drool worthy with Cloud of Steel or some big sorcerer AoE's.

Commander's Memory - I'm wondering what took them so long to publish this feat. It's prerequisite should be "leader role" though. It's unfortunate to restrict it only to warlords.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Looks like my dwarf (resiliance of stone) hammer (hammer shock) fighter (striking resurgance, tactical superiority) is going to be a happy dwarf.

Indeed. Good feats. My dwarf warden will be quite happy as well. Funny enough, Tact Superiority is the Warden feat Sudden Roots (though at Paragon level).

Redoubled Efforts looks good as well. A +2 bonus to attack is always important for a hammer user, given their attack bonuses are often lower than a regular fighter (doubly so for a warden).

LightPhoenix

First Post
Some of those look familiar. I could swear that this is the THIRD time I've seen a "Do damage with Shockwave" feat for Earthsoul genasi.

Yep. Between Earthshock Master and Master of Rumbling Earth, earthshock becomes a very nice power: 1d8+Str damage, prone, reliable, with a slight bonus to attack.

Turtlejay

First Post
The feat that allows you to make RBA's with heavy thrown weapons using Dex means that thrown weapon Ranger build just became more viable. Thanks guys!

Jay

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads